1F Autobiography Launch

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Mac
Chancellor to the King

1F Autobiography Launch

Post by Mac »

Ulster Rugby star Stephen Ferris to launch autobiography 'Man and Ball' at Europa
BBC sports presenter Stephen Watson will host an evening in conversation with Stephen Ferris
Ulster Rugby star Stephen Ferris is to celebrate the launch of his autobiography with a special event at the Europa.

BBC sports presenter Stephen Watson will host an evening in conversation with Stephen Ferris to celebrate the release of his autobiography, ‘Man and Ball’.

On the night, fans will be treated to an honest and insightful interview that will cover Stephen’s rugby career, tragically ended by ankle injuries.

Stephen is a rugby player who earned the respect and admiration of fans across Ireland for his strength, pace, skill and courage.

It will take place on Tuesday, September 22, at the Europa Hotel Belfast at 8pm. Ticket price includes an exclusive signed copy of the book, Stephen Ferris: Man and Ball.

Tickets at - http://www.easons.com/ferris
http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/whats-on/w ... is-9923045
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 1F Autobiography Launch

Post by Cornerfleg »

He's been allowed to promote it from Ravehi .... I mean Kingspan, I'm already wary ... I'm sure every possible reference to Ravenhill, or Ulster Rugby has been expunged. On the night I expect Stephen to be wearing the new Kingspan Rugby fleg, Kingspan trousers, Kingspan shirt and Kingspan underpants, Kingspan Shoes and I believe he has sold the naming rights of at least one of his two front teeth to ... guess who ... yip ... you've got it.

Any potential truth regarding Glocks, Humph or Logie will have been redacted and rewritten by a team of Kingspan Zanu PF spin doctors and you will not be allowed to leave the Europa without pledging allegiance to Kingspan and singing the famous "Stand up for the Kingspan Men" anthem.

It is whispered that Kingspan Rugby are asking Fez if he would wear the new Logo for next season which is a Lion's head with a faded red paw, that will no doubt be adjusted in time for the following year.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Say RAVENHILL ... one more time!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Payne's PR team fleg?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Who's it written by?

Will it be on TV?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Thon ferris went to the wrong school, chuffing one trick pony. Not good enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Actually I'd quite like to support the big lad......not sure though if my meagre stipend would stretch to £30, it's a lot of Rioja. Sadly I foresee £3.99 in bargain books the likely outcome, that leaves enough for 2 bottles of Marquis de Riscal Reserva, a toothsome number.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Actually I'd quite like to support the big lad......not sure though if my meagre stipend would stretch to £30, it's a lot of Rioja. Sadly I foresee £3.99 in bargain books the likely outcome, that leaves enough for 2 bottles of Marquis de Riscal Reserva, a toothsome number.
I picked up Behind the Scrum by Kyran Bracken for 50p in bargain books. Absolute waste of money.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Actually I'd quite like to support the big lad......not sure though if my meagre stipend would stretch to £30, it's a lot of Rioja. Sadly I foresee £3.99 in bargain books the likely outcome, that leaves enough for 2 bottles of Marquis de Riscal Reserva, a toothsome number.
I picked up Behind the Scrum by Kyran Bracken for 50p in bargain books. Absolute waste of money.

Assume that was when the Poundshop couldn't shift it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote:
For my sins, Merv, I got John Hayes' effort, 'The Bull', for a couple of quid second hand, also terrible; at least you only wasted 50p. Surely 1F and his ghost writer can do better. On the other hand, on Snipe's recommendation, I'm half way through Brian Moore's 'Beware of the Dog' and it's a pretty good read.

Is there a Good Books thread on UAFC somewhere?
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

solidarity wrote:
"Good Books"..........Nah.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16642
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Mac wrote:
solidarity wrote:
"Good Books"..........Nah.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16642
Thanks, Mac.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
For my sins, Merv, I got John Hayes' effort, 'The Bull', for a couple of quid second hand, also terrible; at least you only wasted 50p. Surely 1F and his ghost writer can do better. On the other hand, on Snipe's recommendation, I'm half way through Brian Moore's 'Beware of the Dog' and it's a pretty good read.

Mooroe's book was a good read and very obviously penned by the man himself.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

1F Autobiography Launch

Post by BuckRogers »

Jase Leonard's biog well worth a read, Healy's is funny too to be fair.

Not convinced Stevie's book will be much cop, he's too many bridges he needs to keep intact IMO, but I might go along on the night anyway.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Mooroe's book was a good read and very obviously penned by the man himself.
A hooker with a law degree... who saw that coming? While he's as one-eyed as any of us, I probably enjoy his tv comments as much as anyone's.