RWC - Group A

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: RWC - Group A

Post by Spiffsson »

againstthehead wrote:Pretty predictable result in the end. If Fiji could have taken their penalties then it may have made it a little more interesting. Very good result for England at the end but hard to gauge where they are at based on that game. Good blow out for them as well so they'll be in a good place for their next game.
Fiji reverted to type. Naturally talented but disorganized. The score flattered England who are really not that good.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I agree they are not good but playing at home gives them 10 points straight away I reckon. They will be hard to beat at home. Not sure too many capable of it.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:I fancy Australia to top the group with England second with both beating Wales. I don't really mind which order those two end up in though as long as Wales are gone. Hope Fiji beat Wales for good measure. 3 Welsh defeats would be just awesome.
I can see Wales doing a number on England. If the Welsh can contain the English pack, they have the backs to break the English line.
Tricky though possible, never underestimate the desirability of the hosts progressing. Far be it from me to suggest that this is in some way communicated to officials but it seems to be.

I think we should simply be grateful that for once there is a pool that throws up more matches worth watching than not.

Frankly I'd love Wales to progress at England's expense and will never ever understand a mindset that favours England over any country. It's anathema to me.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ABW
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:I fancy Australia to top the group with England second with both beating Wales. I don't really mind which order those two end up in though as long as Wales are gone. Hope Fiji beat Wales for good measure. 3 Welsh defeats would be just awesome.
I can see Wales doing a number on England. If the Welsh can contain the English pack, they have the backs to break the English line.
Tricky though possible, never underestimate the desirability of the hosts progressing. Far be it from me to suggest that this is in some way communicated to officials but it seems to be.

I think we should simply be grateful that for once there is a pool that throws up more matches worth watching than not.

Frankly I'd love Wales to progress at England's expense and will never ever understand a mindset that favours England over any country. It's anathema to me.
True. But for many of us the choice of seeing either England or Wales humped is a difficult one. I just can't thole Gatland so I suppose that influences me one way; but then I don't care much for Lancaster or a few of the England players either. I will try to remain neutral next week.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I like wales :), always have. England usually don't bother me too much but I don't like this squad for some reason and the commentators on ITV are something else.... Brian Moore I like but not these clampits.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Nadolo from Fiji cited. Could miss Wales game. Hearing on Monday.

Nadolo has been cited by Citing Commissioner Freek Burger (South Africa) for an alleged act of foul play contrary to Law 10.4(j) ' Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground' during his side's 28-13 defeat by Australia in Cardiff on Wednesday.

Interesting rule in the rwc, rightly so, if a player from the 31 is banned - cannot be replaced. Only injury/compassionate grounds.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

14 changes for the Aussies v Uruguay - only the LH Sio is kept from Wed.

Australia: 15 Kurtley Beale, 14 Joe Tomane, 13 Henry Speight, 12 Matt Toomua, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Nick Phipps, 8 Wycliff Palu, 7 Sean McMahon, 6 Ben McCalman, 5 Will Skelton, 4 Dean Mumm (c), 3 Toby Smith, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Scott Sio.
Replacements: 16 Stephen Moore, 17 Sekope Kepu, 18 Greg Holmes, 19 Kane Douglas, 20 Rob Simmons, 21 Will Genia, 22 Bernard Foley, 23 Tevita Kuridrani.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Russ wrote:
againstthehead wrote:
Russ wrote:This is stupid

Wales have a 47% win record
Aussies and England will progress with ease

Fiji will beat Wales
10 quid that won't happen ;)
England
Australia
Fiji
Wales
An other

I'll take your £10 bet (should be at Ravers over Xmas to collect)
Not only do I get to watch England get beat at home but also pick up some cash..... Now, who wants to bet on ireland V france....
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Russ wrote:
Crusoe wrote:Corals 5/1 England not to make it out of group if you are going to bet on this scenario.
And they will make a ton of money on chumps betting on that

England
Australia
Fiji
Wales
Uruguay

Wales and Fiji might swap but both will lose 2 games
How do you feel now russ?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

thecrouch wrote:
Russ wrote:
Crusoe wrote:Corals 5/1 England not to make it out of group if you are going to bet on this scenario.
And they will make a ton of money on chumps betting on that

England
Australia
Fiji
Wales
Uruguay

Wales and Fiji might swap but both will lose 2 games
How do you feel now russ?
IN fairness, given Wales' injuries there's a reasonable chance of the above still happening. Think they'll have enough to beat Fiji but will struggle to have a backline at this rate...
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

As much as I hate the Welsh Rugby team, it was rather nice to take the pish out of a massive England fan in work today.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Wales and Fiji teams for Thursday

Fiji: Talebula; Nagusa, Goneva, Botia, Tikoirotuma; Volavola, Kenatale; Ma'afu, Koto, Saulo, Cavubati, Nakarawa, Waqaniburoto, Qera, Talei.

Replacements: Veikoso, Peni Ravia, Atalifo, Soqeta, Ravulo, Seniloli, Matavesi, Murimurivalu

Niko Matawalu injured and big Nadolo suspended

M Morgan, Cuthbert, T Morgan, Roberts, North, Biggar, Davies; Jenkins, Baldwin, Francis, Davies, Jones, Lydiate, Warburton, Faletau.

Replacements: Owens, Jarvis, Lee, Charteris, Tipuric, Williams, Priestland, Hook.

Wales win IMO.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

2 Aussie injury replacements Will Skelton and Wycliff Palu out Sam Carter and James Hanson in. Have replaced a backrow with a hooker, only picked 2 hookers to start with.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Can't see Wales winning this