Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Post by Spiffsson »

bazzaj wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:Whit are ye on about man?
Sure Fibber clearly has umpteen match-winning moves up his sleeve, in his back pocket and down the front of his trousers.
He's obviously saving them up for the RWC cup final so he is - only an eejit wouldn't see this.
He does not want to show his hand or any other bits too soon.
Anyone could see today's performance was just a ruse to fool the Frogs.
We must not peak too soon.
See just what spiffers said.
And to think I thought he was just talking ballacks.
Sorry lads couldn't resist this.
Well, I'm not normally the kind of chap who crows "told yiz so", but since you did bring it up.... Oh ye of little faith.
In Joe we Trust!
Nat an inch!
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Joe interviewed after the dust settled said Paulie is probably done. "Upper thigh" injury.
Sexy awaiting scan on groin in am.
He said O'Mahony might not be so bad as was walking round changing room not even limping. Twisted knee or ankle.
And he also "hoped that Sean wouldn't be cited". Maybe he'd be sucking entonox too.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Deraless wrote:Joe interviewed after the dust settled said Paulie is probably done. "Upper thigh" injury.
He said O'Mahony might not be so bad as was walking round changing room not even limping. Twisted knee or ankle.
And he also "hoped that Sean wouldn't be cited". Maybe he'd be sucking entonox too.
Good news on O'Mahony, looked like his knee twisted under him. Having POM & SOB (it was a slap not a punch) would be a bonus, well as Chad played when he came on as a fu@king boss.

Paulie is finished I'm afraid, I wouldn't be surprised if Cartoonman tries to cancel his contract. :duh:

Sexting a big worry, tolerably though Quiff performed.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So..................is it over yet?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So..................is it over yet?
Has the fat lady, or even Mike Ross, sung?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Deraless wrote:Joe interviewed after the dust settled said Paulie is probably done. "Upper thigh" injury.
Good news on O'Mahony, looked like his knee twisted under him. Having POM & SOB (it was a slap not a punch) would be a bonus, well as Chad played when he came on as a fu@king boss.

Paulie is finished I'm afraid, I wouldn't be surprised if Cartoonman tries to cancel his contract. :duh:

Sexting a big worry, tolerably though Quiff performed.
The Quiff did well, but a lot less pressure off the bench. Paulie will be a huge loss in terms of leadership. All very well when you are ahead on the scorecard but if Ireland go a try behind and things arn't quite clicking then it's going to get tough. SOB and POM pretty vital to match the physicality too. Interesting week ahead.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Right, I have been saying for weeks, if not months, that Ireland play a stultifyingly dull game that works against decent & crap teams.

In return I have been told that FibberJose has lots up his sleeve to reveal at the right time, so FFS talk me through it, when does the phoney war end? When are we going to see Fibber release the greatness and show us some of the lexicon of greatness concealed up his sleeve.

FFS I want Ireland to win games but I'm fed up with bullshit and have been for some time.

Anyone else seen the light or are we still truth deniers? If that was it, then FRance will chew us up next week, furthermore there was a massive gulf between that & what the Argies have been producing.

That was the dullest game in the entire tournament that I can recall and Ireland looked clueless. Could have been worse but for Peter O'Mahony, in attack, in defence & sadly in stupidity also. :thumleft:

So all FibberJose fans talk me through it, what's the plan now?
Plan was to peak at the right time Bagster
Oh right. I suppose that is genius, not many would have thought of that when managing by a small margin not to lose to and look absolutely shyte against Italy. Brilliant, what?
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

POM out. Ligament damage.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

jackthelad wrote:POM out. Ligament damage.
Ballix. SOB will be a big call. To lose POM, SOB and POC would be catastrophic. Henry and Henderson can do a really good job but the bench is going to lose an awful lot of impact.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Sorry baggy it was a cheap shot from SOB and I have feeling had Owens seen it a red card would have been shown...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:Sorry baggy it was a cheap shot from SOB and I have feeling had Owens seen it a red card would have been shown...
Owens would have gone yellow. Sure that's what they're for apparently.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Okay then,

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:Owens would have gone yellow
Pape going yellow I could understand if there was liver damage, but doubt Owens would contract jaundice that quickly :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:Owens would have gone yellow
Pape going yellow I could understand if there was liver damage, but doubt Owens would contract jaundice that quickly :shock:
Papish yellow?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Sorry baggy it was a cheap shot from SOB and I have feeling had Owens seen it a red card would have been shown...
Cockers, it may be years rather than months since I've called you a chube. CHUBE, oh all right I'll take that back .......... for now.

In the meantime give me your definition of a "cheapshot" for that certainly didn't meet my definition .............. "irritated retaliation to a fecking cheat" would be my definition.

If Pape didn't want a slap he had no need to put hands on Seannie................... unless you agree with my theory that he got just slightly more than he bargained for when playing for a reaction, penalty & card.

Makes sense that way, doesn't it? >EW
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

So given the Scotland hearing started 12 hours ago and no announcement and the SOB hearing started 9 hours ago and no announcement what the farig is going on