Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6 Nations 2016

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
connachtfan wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Henshaw has been very poor. Our forwards have shown up well, our backs are useless. Only Payne has looked up to it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
You're being blinded by your McCloskey tinted glasses buddy, Henshaw had a good game. Zebo was also very good bar a couple of selfish bar steward and not passing the ball. Heaslip, Stander and O'Donnell were excellent as we're all of our pack in the loose. Our scrum lost us that game. I reckon we would have mullered them if Mike Ross was fit.
Who mentioned McCloskey?
Everyone apparently
Zebo was good though...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

McCarthy, someone remind me did he carry the ball at all today
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote:What were Zebo's passing stats?
0 attempted

Put there was fantastic presentation when he hit the deck and threw the ball back along the ground. :roll:
It's the Ireland 15's way....apparently
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

againstthehead wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
Russ wrote:Having had a short reflection, I feel Irish fans should consider that a win

We were 10 point handicapped by McCarthy, Zebo at 15, Henshaw and Payne out of position and a serious lack of depth on the bench

Well done Joe for getting a point out of that
I was not dying about his selection, but to be fair, if you assess McCarthy's game by actual performance, not reputation, I thought he played quite well.
i was surprised how well Ireland went with so many injuries. Wales didn't ask too many difficult questions but defensively Ireland were very solid. France have been total tom kite for years so could be a close one next week. If I were France, I'd be targeting the Irish scrum big style.
They will. But a change at TH prop may be all that's needed. Don't know the condition of Mike Ross at present, but would have Moore or Furlong ahead of White. Jack McGrath is in great form in tight and loose.

Interesting to see what happens in the backrow if SOB is fit. I assume he will start and probably TOD step down. All the backrowers - Heaslip, Stander,TOD and Ruddock, played well today after most pundits and fans expected their Wales counterparts to blow them away at the breakdown. Joe could still opt for the abrasive Ruddock at lock just to get him on the field.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:McCarthy, someone remind me did he carry the ball at all today
Yes.

Negative 4m

He did however hold the welsh player off the ball to create the gap for Murray
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Zebo missed a couple of high balls and a glaring miss on Williams which could have costs us more than it did.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

All in all, not the worst, to be honest when I seen the teams picked I thought Wales would trounce us but we really threw away a chance today.

Wales played that blitz defence against us very well and we spent all day crabbing across the field or losing 5m every phase, Ireland on the other hand using the drift allowed Wales big runners to straighten up and gain a few metres each play. I really do worry that in attack we look quite clueless and lack any real cutting edge. I think moving Robbie to 13, Payne to 15 and giving either McCloskey or potentially Sexton the 12 shirt could help this.

Watching the other two matches, everyone is there for the taking, England looked OK against a poor Scotland and another poor Italy side nearly took out a mediocre France.

There wont be any world beating performances in this championship, but with all teams being of similar quality we could get a few decent games and a bit of drama heading into the final day.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Most of you have a better view than me as I was up in the gods in the east stand and miss all the tv analysis and close ups.

Our back row was superb. Hard to know how SOB will get back in.
White not up to it. Toner had a superb day in the lineout.
Murray very good and physical.
Sexton surprised me - he kicked well, ran well, took penalties well, but he does take punishment.
Centres were excellent but would prefer Payne at full back rather than the clown Zebo, He really kicked some awful ball to the Welsh. Wingers fine. Defensive organisation superb. Do we need Andy Farrell?
Considering Wales were massive favourites it was a good day at the office for Joe.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

scrum5 wrote:No Jackson next week against Glasgow, hope Johnny is fine after that collision with North
Of course he will be, the IRFU don't give a crap about Sexton's well being.

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dublin4 wrote:Most of you have a better view than me as I was up in the gods in the east stand and miss all the tv analysis and close ups.

Sexton surprised me - he kicked well, ran well, took penalties well, but he does take punishment.
Centres were excellent but would prefer Payne at full back rather than the clown Zebo, He really kicked some awful ball to the Welsh. Wingers fine. Defensive organisation superb. Do we need Andy Farrell?
Considering Wales were massive favourites it was a good day at the office for Joe.
Wales were not massive favourites and according to your analysis we were brill. Believe me that was a pile of turgid kack. That Welsh team are no great shakes and we scraped a draw against them at home.

Brill

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Dublin4 wrote:Most of you have a better view than me as I was up in the gods in the east stand and miss all the tv analysis and close ups.

Agreed, but "the clown Zebo"? Be careful D4, the Saint Simon Zebo Worldwide Fan Klub >threaten will kick yer door in.He's The Coming Man ye know and shows a lot of "intent", IHump style. :stir:
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

We weren't brill but we weren't as bad as the media were making out beforehand.
Our defence was brill and I will give you that.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

If José could delegate the team selection to someone decent, and carry in all other aspects of his role, I propose Ireland may be above average
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

After three games none of the teams look up to much. Nothing much going forward from any of them. Defences look good so, if the weather doesn't pick up, this could be the most seriously turgid 6 Nations.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Thought Ratboy's blatant simulation after the "tip tackle" was an absolute disgrace. I believe a yellow card is the recommended sanction there.

Totally overlooked by BOD and the lads in the studio when they reviewed the incident.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall