Rory Best signs new two-year deal with Ulster and the IRFU

Moderator: Moderators

ADM
Initiate

Rory Best signs new two-year deal with Ulster and the IRFU

Post by ADM »

[tag=image]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/spo ... st-008.jpg[/tag][tag=content]Ulster and the IRFU have announced that hooker Rory Best has signed a new two year contract extension that will keep him at the Kingspan Stadium until at least the summer of 2018.

Best has made 172 appearances for his province since making his senior debut in November 2004 against Munster and has scored 16 tries, and was named Ulster captain at the start of last season.

The Banbridge man is also Ireland’s most-capped hooker with 89 caps at international level having made his Ireland debut in November 2005 against the All Blacks. In that time he has scored eight tries for his country.

Best started every game of both the 2014 and 2015 RBS Six Nations Championships which Ireland won and he featured in four Ireland games during the 2015 Rugby World Cup, including the quarter-final against Argentina.

“I am very happy to have signed a two year Irish contract to remain with Ulster Rugby,” Best commented. “It is a great honour to play for Ulster and Ireland and I am privileged to have the opportunity to captain this talented group of Ulster players.

“Our challenge now is to deliver on the promise we have shown and reward our fans with strong performances.”

Ulster Director of Rugby Les Kiss was also delighted with the news and paid tribute to the qualities Best brings to the squad.

“I have worked closely with Rory for a number of years in the international set up and the quality he delivers so consistently reflects his character and talent,” Kiss stated.

“His leadership, tenacity and drive are incredibly important to what we are looking to achieve at Ulster Rugby.”

IRFU Performance Director David Nucifora also added in how happy he was that Best had decided to sign on again with the IRFU.

“Rory contributes so much to Irish rugby both on and off the field,” Nucifora said. “He is a model professional who has consistently performed at the top level for both club and country.

“We are delighted to have secured his services for a further two years.”
[/tag]
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rory Best signs new two-year deal with Ulster and the IR

Post by Rooster »

No surprise there then, he is one of a group of Ulster players who won't go anywhere else as long as they are still offered contracts here
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best