Apologies to Mrs Vito

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Apologies to Mrs Vito

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have suggested that Mrs Vito was the new Mrs C Hooks/Afoa and had put her oar in to prevent her blessed husband from signing for Ulster. It appears that this is far from the truth, indeed it wasn't a NZer at all who prevented Vito from joining Ulster so I thought I should take this opportunity to apologise profusely to Mrs Vito.

No, the culprit apparently is our dear friend from Australia, the very same man who prevented Munster from signing Stephen Moore, yeah, we've been Nucifuckingfora'd.

This is pretty alarming stuff, I would love to hear on what basis this has been declined, let's be honest, Ulster is not coming down with backrow talent. We have Chad, a fine player but now the wrong side of 30, we have NIck Williams & Roger Wilson both older than Chad & then we have some guys who are just not at that level, Diack, Clive & a few others.

So given our backrow is effectively as old as the hills, why has this happened? What possible justification is there for this nonsense at a time when the provinces are getting the rounds of the parlour in Europe why does this interloper feel it right to prevent the provinces recruiting in areas where they feel they are vulnerable?

This appears to be putting very long term Irish interests against very urgent needs of the provinces. I may be out of date but I understood that IRFU budget assumes at least one province will qualify for a semi-final and the few hundred thousand Euro that comes with it. Currently I have absolutely no hesitation in saying there is absolutely no chance that there will be Irish representation in the quarter-finals.

Irish teams got used to winning in Europe, not just big matches but ultimately the Heineken Cup itself on a regular basis, 6 in all and 5 within 7 years. That confidence of knowing we can & do beat the opposition regularly transferred to the national team and results came along.

I submit to you dear friends that constant defeats and a widening gap with the financial massive French clubs, the increasingly wealthy English clubs who have no issues with numbers of foreign players will see the centuries old inferiority complex edge back in with Irish Rugby. Are we content to fall back into that place occupied by the Welsh & Scots in Europe?

I believe this is a very dangerous time for Irish Rugby, the national team has lost it's icons, some of the guys who were to take over the mantle are suffering injury after injury - Seannie O'Brien, Hendy, Cian Healy to name but three who just don;t seem able to get & stay fit. Being 2nd rate in Europe will feed into the national team sooner or later.

I am told that not only Munster & Ulster are incensed but that our Mexican brethren are also not best pleased with Nucifora, I have no idea if he has blocked a signing there to, but the provinces are supposedly all unhappy. I feel this should not go unnoticed, nobody at the IRFU should be able to sit behind a veil of secrecy whilst making decisions which are massive for the provinces concerned.

My understanding is that all the groundwork for both deals was complete and terms agreed, it was apparently only when the provinces went for what they considered a formality approval that both deals hit the buffers. That in itself could have repercussions for Bryn and is counterparts elsewhere when they talk to agents and players, timewasters would be the obvious concern/message that could go across the Equator.

As they say in all the best newsrooms, this information came from a trusted source well placed to know the veracity of the subject, within the IRFU.

This guy NUcifora is dangerous, it's clearly not just UR or the provinces who get stuff wrong, this could scarcely be more wrong. I would love this to reach far into the public domain, for this should not happen without justification and from the little I know it is simply handed down from on high, decision final.

So, I'm very sorry Mrs Vito for wronging you.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Re: Apologies to Mrs Vito

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I am aghast at this piece of news Baggy. Any chube can see that strong provinces will keep the IRFU coffers topped up and also the national team competitive. Any failure of the provinces will ultimately lead to a drop in punters through the turnstiles both locally an nationally.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mid ulster maestro wrote:I am aghast at this piece of news Baggy. Any chube can see that strong provinces will keep the IRFU coffers topped up and also the national team competitive. Any failure of the provinces will ultimately lead to a drop in punters through the turnstiles both locally an nationally.
It would be typical though and probably will get changed next year when everyone has realised the stupidity but that could still leave provinces disadvantaged for a further season with perhaps irreparable damage done as getting to the top in Europe is pretty near impossible now without a moneybags team.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Good piece Bagster.
Its all very worrying indeed.

The problems England have are mainly at the top which are easily fixable rather than ours which are deeper routed.
The golden generation has gone and it will be silk purses and sows ears for the forseeable unless anyone knows of another BOD on the horizon.
Until then if we can't get the quality signings forget the journey men and stick with our own.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

He is an arrogant knob.
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The Ireland team has always been viewed as the main thing. They look at the finances and see that the income from Ireland supports the provinces. They don't seem to take any kind of holistic view of the game. This problem has been brewing for a while and unless we have a poor 6N they will stick with the plan that has delivered back to back championships.
What I cannot comprehend is that they do not look at the evidence of Thomond sitting 1/4 full and wonder how the professional game will survive if the foundations are crumbling? As sure as night follows day, Leinster and Ulster will see the same fall in gate takings.
If Ulster's season continues to flat-line and there is no sign of a willingness to bring in decent NIQs other than Charles Piutau for next season, There could be a mass exodus from Ravenhill too.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Snipe Watson wrote:The Ireland team has always been viewed as the main thing. They look at the finances and see that the income from Ireland supports the provinces. They don't seem to take any kind of holistic view of the game. This problem has been brewing for a while and unless we have a poor 6N they will stick with the plan that has delivered back to back championships.
What I cannot comprehend is that they do not look at the evidence of Thomond sitting 1/4 full and wonder how the professional game will survive if the foundations are crumbling? As sure as night follows day, Leinster and Ulster will see the same fall in gate takings.
If Ulster's season continues to flat-line and there is no sign of a willingness to bring in decent NIQs other than Charles Piutau for next season, There could be a mass exodus from Ravenhill too.
Correct Snipster , Irish rugby is in a poor state from the bottom up.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Why was Nucifora chased from Aus again?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:Why was Nucifora chased from Aus again?
Don't know Russ, but I believe he came with a reputation of being something of an ignoramus. No no-doubt you will be able to furnish us with the details. :thumleft:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Don't know Russ, but I believe he came with a reputation of being something of an ignoramus. No no-doubt you will be able to furnish us with the details. :thumleft:
I have a vague recollection of him being told to feck off from the Oz Nationak set up by the S15 sides
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
I have a vague recollection of him being told to feck off from the Oz Nationak set up by the S15 sides
Get out of town Russ............ :shock:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Im heading into town
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Im heading into town
Not like you to buck the trend Russ. Are you OK, do we need to worry?
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Well if some outsider down in Dublin is going to devalue my season ticket by refusing to let me cheer on a team containing quality players, then I will not purchase a season ticket.

Seems obvious.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

This guy is a clown.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND