Ludik agrees new contract at Ulster

Moderator: Moderators

ADM
Initiate

Ludik agrees new contract at Ulster

Post by ADM »

[tag=image]http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ulst ... 8R5LCx.jpg[/tag][tag=content]Ulster Rugby revealed today that South African utility back Louis Ludik has extended his contract with the province beyond the end of the season.

Ludik, 29, joined Ulster in 2014 from French side Agen having previously played for the Lions and the Sharks in South Africa and will become Irish qualified at the end of next season.

Ludik’s ability to play across the back line is a valuable asset for Les Kiss and the 29-year old has played at outside centre, on the wing and at full-back for Ulster in the last 18 months.

The South African has made 39 appearances for Ulster and has scored five tries for his adopted province.

His re-signing is further good news after the signings of Charles Piutau, Rodney Ah You and Kieran Treadwell for next season with Les Kiss finalising his squad for the 2016/17 campaign.

“I feel very blessed to be staying here at Ulster,” Ludik commented on his extension. “I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time here so far as it’s a really nice environment to be in.

“The people are awesome; they are welcoming and friendly and they have made us feel very much at home. There’s a great atmosphere in the squad and the professionalism of the whole organisation is fantastic.

“I’ve no doubt that the future is bright here at Ulster and it’s something I want to be involved in. Every time I come to the Kingspan Stadium I just feel very fortunate to be here and I’m glad I’ve been given the opportunity to extend my stay.”

Ulster Operations Director Bryn Cunningham said that recapturing Ludik marked a major boost for the province in their recruitment for next season.

“Re-signing Louis Ludik is a fantastic outcome for Ulster Rugby as he provides so much to the Province both on and off the field. As Louis become Irish qualified in the summer of 2017, I want to thank the IRFU and David Nucifora for understanding the rationale for allowing us to retain his services.

“Louis has been one of the most consistent performers for Ulster over the past 18 months. His attitude and commitment have been exemplary, becoming an excellent role model for the young backs currently coming through our pathway.

“He has been excellent as the last line of defence and he repeatedly forces himself over the gainline in attack. When you add the versatility he brings, this will give us plenty of exciting options next season.

“Pete Nelson is now a very viable option at outhalf as well and we are starting to build a backline squad of hugely talented individuals who can be maneuvered around positions too enable us to cope better with injuries, call-ups and player management.”
[/tag]
Dharper
Steward

Re: Ludik agrees new contract at Ulster

Post by Dharper »

With everyone fit next yr there will be some serious options open to kiss in the back line even with call ups. Good work getting him re signed surprised the Irfu sanctioned it.