Sammy Arnold to leave Ulster

Moderator: Moderators

ADM
Initiate

Sammy Arnold to leave Ulster

Post by ADM »

[tag=image]https://s1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/wEAM ... 30x412.jpg[/tag][tag=content]Ulster have announced that centre Sammy Arnold will leave the province at the end of the season and join fellow Irish province Munster on a two year deal.

The 19-year old made his debut last season against the Newport-Gwent Dragons in March 2015 and since then has made 11 appearances for Ulster, the last of which was away to Oyonnax last month.

The centre, who can also cover wing, was a product of the Irish Exiles having been born in England, and he represented Ireland at U20 level.

“We are disappointed to lose a player of Sammy’s talent but we fully understand his position,” commented Ulster Director of Rugby Les Kiss on Arnold’s decision to leave Ulster.

“He is an ambitious young man who wants to gain as much game time as possible, but with our current stock at centre, we were unable to guarantee him a starting position.

“The age profile of some of our other centres such as Stuart Olding, Stuart McCloskey and Luke Marshall, along with the presence of experienced international players like Darren Cave and Jared Payne, has contributed to his decision.

“Everyone at Ulster wishes Sammy well with Munster over the next couple of seasons but in the meantime we’re sure that he will contribute positively to the squad during the current campaign.”

Arnold commented on his move, saying, “It was a difficult decision to leave but given Ulster’s depth of talent in midfield, I think it is the right time for me to make the move.

“I would like to thank Ulster Rugby for its support and investment in helping me to develop my game and I’m determined to finish the season well.”
[/tag]
Dharper
Steward

Re: Sammy Arnold to leave Ulster

Post by Dharper »

Shows a great attitude from the guy to make hard decisions to pursue his playing ambitions. Maybe he doesn't have too much to sacrifice to move provinces, however hopefully other players around Ireland adopt the same attitude to get game time. Good luck to the guy, and hopefully he'll force his way in in time down south.
Dingle3
Novice

Post by Dingle3 »

I wouldnt be suprised if Robin Copeland comes our way as hes low on contract as his runs out in the summer and hes fallen out of favour to CJ Stander
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dingle3 wrote:I wouldnt be suprised if Robin Copeland comes our way as hes low on contract as his runs out in the summer and hes fallen out of favour to CJ Stander
He openly hates Ulster
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Dingle3 wrote:I wouldnt be suprised if Robin Copeland comes our way as hes low on contract as his runs out in the summer and hes fallen out of favour to CJ Stander
He signed a new contract with them just before the New Year.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.