Super Rugby 2016

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Super Rugby 2016

Post by ruckover »

Brumbies :cheers:

Have to make the best use of Moore, Pocock, Toomua and Tomane before we lose them next season. Still feel the NZ teams are too strong though.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

The Jaguares team is looking pretty tasty too:

1 . Lucas Noguera, 2. Agustin Creevy (c), 3. Ramiro Herrera, 4. Guido Petti, 5. Thomas Lavanini, 6. Pablo Matera, 7. Rodrigo Baez, 8. Leonardo Senatore, 9. Martin Landajo, 10. Nicolas Sanchez, 11. Emiliano Boffelli, 12. Jeronimo De la Fuente, 13. Matias Moroni, 14. Santiago Cordero, 15.Joaquin Tuculet.

Replacements : 16.Julian Montoya, 17. Santiago Garcia Botta, 18. Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 19. Matias Alemanno, 20. Facundo Isa, 21 Gonzalo Bertranou, 22. Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias, 23. Matias Orlando

13 of the starting 15 were in the Arg squad for RWC.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Always been a big Stormers fan for some reason, couldnt really have asked for a tougher opening fixture this season however. The Bulls have announced a serious looking squad this season and Vermeulen and JDV are big losses for the Stomers.

The Sharks on the other hand have lost almost a full 1xt XV from last season, they almost have no one left for us to sign :lol:

Very interested to see how the new teams get on, Jaguares look very strong and could do well, but the Kings and Sunwolves dont really look like threatening anyone (That being said, I dont know too much bout the Sunwolves players)
Mary had a little lamb . . .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

HairyJ wrote:Have I just been propositioned?

I have yams like Kyle

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
That's fine, I can do yams. >EW

Don't worry Hairy J, in the words of Kurt Cobain, "what else should I say, everyone is gay". Wise words.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
TheWonDon
Initiate

Post by TheWonDon »

mea97mb wrote:The Jaguares team is looking pretty tasty too:

1 . Lucas Noguera, 2. Agustin Creevy (c), 3. Ramiro Herrera, 4. Guido Petti, 5. Thomas Lavanini, 6. Pablo Matera, 7. Rodrigo Baez, 8. Leonardo Senatore, 9. Martin Landajo, 10. Nicolas Sanchez, 11. Emiliano Boffelli, 12. Jeronimo De la Fuente, 13. Matias Moroni, 14. Santiago Cordero, 15.Joaquin Tuculet.

Replacements : 16.Julian Montoya, 17. Santiago Garcia Botta, 18. Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 19. Matias Alemanno, 20. Facundo Isa, 21 Gonzalo Bertranou, 22. Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias, 23. Matias Orlando

13 of the starting 15 were in the Arg squad for RWC.
So like an Argentinian Leinster then, only the players are, y'know, in form?
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Does everyone support a super rugby team? I don't think I want to be a rival supporter with anyone on here.

I love you guys...sniff
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Sunwolves
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fuzzylogic wrote:Always been a big Stormers fan for some reason, couldnt really have asked for a tougher opening fixture this season however. The Bulls have announced a serious looking squad this season and Vermeulen and JDV are big losses for the Stomers.

The Sharks on the other hand have lost almost a full 1xt XV from last season, they almost have no one left for us to sign :lol:

Very interested to see how the new teams get on, Jaguares look very strong and could do well, but the Kings and Sunwolves dont really look like threatening anyone (That being said, I dont know too much bout the Sunwolves players)
They still have enough players with Sharks to put out different sides in their friendlies with Toulon and Toulouse and win both matches.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

damianmcr wrote:Few teams out but what about this for a backline for the Hurricanes
Nehe Milner-Skudder, Cory Jane, Vince Aso, Ngani Laumape, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara
:bowdown:
I've watched Laumape play for the Warriors over the last two to three years. Very tough nugget centre, stocky but smart handler of the football.
He played 12 during the friendly hit out against the Blues that was profiled in the Sky Hurricanes Pre Season episode 2 (Catch up).
The player NZRU coveted to replace Nonu & eventually SBW is Jason Taumalolo. But last year he signed a new deal to stay with the Cows for two more seasons.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Rooster wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:Always been a big Stormers fan for some reason, couldnt really have asked for a tougher opening fixture this season however. The Bulls have announced a serious looking squad this season and Vermeulen and JDV are big losses for the Stomers.

They still have enough players with Sharks to put out different sides in their friendlies with Toulon and Toulouse and win both matches.
Someone should sign up the Du Preez quartlet in a bundle deal. Dad skills coach @ Sharks, Backrow twins Dan & Jean-Luc @ Sharks & Robert Junior Flyhalf @ Stormers.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

The Jaguares starting 15 have 366 international caps for Argentina.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:The Jaguares starting 15 have 366 international caps for Argentina.
It'll be interesting as to how they rotate
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

I have always liked the Chiefs as went to see a Waikato game when in NZ and there is also the Isaac Boss connection.

Anyway I see Coetzee starts at 6 for the Sharks.

Also Tim Boys starts at 7 for the Crusaders, tough act to follow! Must have been some rehab we gave him!!! :banghead:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

mea97mb wrote:I have always liked the Chiefs as went to see a Waikato game when in NZ and there is also the Isaac Boss connection.

Anyway I see Coetzee starts at 6 for the Sharks.

Also Tim Boys starts at 7 for the Crusaders, tough act to follow! Must have been some rehab we gave him!!! :banghead:
1. Boss is a twunt
2. Boys has torn up NZ rugby for a few years at 7
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Stormers, love CapeTown

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999