Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations Final Week

Post by Shan »

Neill_M wrote:
Shan wrote: Itoje and Kruis should be there

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Kruis had a very effective championship and will probably remain underrated by many as he goes about his job with little fuss. Itoje like Stander had some outstanding moments but tended to drift out of games. Like Stander no shame in that given his inexperience and indeed his age. He has the look of a guy who will be a brilliant player but he is certainly not a player of this year's championship.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

skiboo wrote:Just read that Jones from the Sunday Times nominations for the Lions. I have often read his comments and felt he was way short of reality. The nominations confirm if he had another brain cell there would be a reaction. Kearney for the wing!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is a WUM and nothing more. The only difference between Jones and Russ is that Russ has far more credibility and is way more palatable because he does it for entertainment only while Jones is actually paid for his unending drivel and attention seeking.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:If England dropped Haskell for a proper 7 and Robshaw for a proper 6 then England will be dangerous
You may have a point, especially when it comes to games v the Top tier countries, but these two managed to better most of the 6n opponents they faced.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Neill_M wrote:Short list for player of the tournament is out. Have they got it right - thoughts?

I don`t think so as they missed out Kruis from England as along without him and his mate Itoje they would not have won a slam.

They have dominated Europe and the club scene this season as they remind me of younger versions of the legendary Matfield Botha 2nd row partnership for South Africa- the athlete combined with the enforcer.
For me Kruis gets the player of the tournament with Guirado, Hogg and Billy V slightly behind but only because England forgot to select Itoje in the first place. :shock:

Interesting if a Lions team was selected tomorrow I think that Saracens pairing would be the only 2 nailed on selections from England.
In other selections only North and Hogg would be the only other sure starts but there is encouraging options developing particularly at half back and back row where the choices are looking increasing difficult to pick from.
With Scotland`s current good form, its shaping up to be similar to 1997 in that there should be contributions from all the home nations and not just the usual reliance on one team.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Snipe Watson wrote:Ireland, like Ulster are currently lightweight in the pack, without a top notch ball carrier. Stander is decent, but was ploughing a lonely furrow. Healy, Henderson and O'Brien take Ireland to an entirely different dimension when it comes to posing an attacking threat in close to the breakdown.
Healey's a busted flush. McGrath is a much better scrummaging prop.
To be fair, Dillane and Hendo are the future to rival Kruis and Itoje. I would like to see Dillane get a full start.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dublin4 wrote:Ireland were extremely well organised yesterday and fully deserved to win against an improving Scotland.
Joe has a host of players to return and has also found some great young talent since Rwc. :D

Among the former, let's see, is one Luke Fitz who seems to cause irritable bowel syndrome here. >seeya
No Ringrose is the new Messiah apparently D4- even after a handful of Pro12 games.... :roll: :duck:
Zoolanders aul news
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Neill_M wrote:Short list for player of the tournament is out. Have they got it right - thoughts?

No Toby Faletau?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Neill_M wrote:
Shan wrote:

Think you should give an opinion. It won't kill you.
Itoje and Kruis should be there

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
100%
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Ireland, like Ulster are currently lightweight in the pack, without a top notch ball carrier. Stander is decent, but was ploughing a lonely furrow. Healy, Henderson and O'Brien take Ireland to an entirely different dimension when it comes to posing an attacking threat in close to the breakdown.
To be fair, Dillane and Hendo are the future to rival Kruis and Itoje. I would like to see Dillane get a full start.
Haha, Dillane and Hendy, that'll never happen until Toner hit 36

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Haha, Dillane and Hendy, that'll never happen until Toner hit 36

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Dont forget donkey ryan and shitmike
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

skiboo wrote:Just read that Jones from the Sunday Times nominations for the Lions. I have often read his comments and felt he was way short of reality. The nominations confirm if he had another brain cell there would be a reaction. Kearney for the wing!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can never take anything thon glipe says at face value. For his starting test team read Wales. Picking Daverage makes me wonder if he's gone slightly senile/mad. He said he'd have a gamble on Dillane.

BUT...

he did pick Hendy at 6 yayyyyyy
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I would be surprised if Toby Faletau didn't have some of the best stats from the 6Ns.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:I would be surprised if Toby Faletau didn't have some of the best stats from the 6Ns.
Toby is the Welsh Ruan Pienaar, he seldom gets credit anymore, people just expect a certain level of performance.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:I would be surprised if Toby Faletau didn't have some of the best stats from the 6Ns.
Didn't know he collected them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Sexton should win an award for worse acting role in a major rugby match..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU