UR staff dishing out supporter advice

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UR staff dishing out supporter advice

Post by Russ »

I'll fly my flag if i want Rum
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:It's not the message on the flag it is the fact the flag its self has been redundant since the good Friday agreement .

Because the flag represented the former Ulster parliament and was a governmental flag .

Thus the message could be misconstrued as a political
Message .

So it is not the UR person who is bring politics into sport but those carrying the flag .

The message would be fine on the proper back ground .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
That would all be fine Rum'n, if one was a fu@kwitted chube. The only thing that matters about thon fleg is the message thereon. If memory serves my nephew met both fleg & waver at a Lions match in SA or was it Oz. He's a Scot and saw what you should see, the memory it creates of Nev. The fleg itself was merely an unimportant background.

(caveat: many people rush to be offended. Fact: such dickwads usually have an agenda. My Guess: the fleg waver doesn't)

Conclusion: the UR busybody remains in my considered and considerable opinion, an utterwankstain. :cheers:

Just checked my nephew's bakebook: I also remember sharing a few tears with an Ulsterman whose name I never caught in Brisbane after the Lions first test win when he was raising this flag. It's a powerful thing sport.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy the message can be misunderstood because of the flag as political rather than as an appreciation of a person .

Is less we forget the parliament that was before the good Friday agreement

I and you know better but the sods of this world are something else and the world is full of sods

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

feck off rum
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rumncoke wrote:It's not the message on the flag it is the fact the flag its self has been redundant since the good Friday agreement .

Because the flag represented the former Ulster parliament and was a governmental flag .

Message .

So it is not the UR person who is bring politics into sport but those carrying the flag .

Rum, could this not be misconstrued :scratch:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (51.91 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
I might be wrong.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OK ..................I've thought this over very carefully, taken everyone's opinions into account, ruminated & cogitated and you won't believe me, yee'll call my a liar................but 'y'know what? I've been right all along. :shock: :cheers: >EW

So incidentally is Kofi, anyone who thinks the saffron & red fleg is apolitical needs to go to a high class bump-reader. I like it, as much as I like any feckin' fleg, but it has long been associated with the fu@king RA, the hateful gobshites.

Anyone wishing to be truly apolitical and in no danger of causing offence, should simply apply their slogan etc on a plain white background, a bit like the bedsheet efforts of Grumpy until Mrs Grumpy got truly grumpy when she caught onto her diminishing supplies of white linen (other materials such as polycotton are/were available)

In short Rum'n yer talking bollix & most crucially failing to understand that no fleg exists in Norn Iron that has not been misappropriated and misused by one set of scumbags or another. I think perhaps in a vague way you are suggesting that UR would prefer that supporters do not use a fleg with which they can be tarred as Pradasint Barsturds, for only a fool thinks any fleg exists behind which all may rally with the possible exception of a white cross on a white background. >EW

True facts those.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:OK ..................I've thought this over very carefully, taken everyone's opinions into account, ruminated & cogitated and you won't believe me, yee'll call my a liar................but 'y'know what? I've been right all along. :shock: :cheers: >EW

So incidentally is Kofi, anyone who thinks the saffron & red fleg is apolitical needs to go to a high class bump-reader. I like it, as much as I like any feckin' fleg, but it has long been associated with the fu@king RA, the hateful gobshites.

Anyone wishing to be truly apolitical and in no danger of causing offence, should simply apply their slogan etc on a plain white background, a bit like the bedsheet efforts of Grumpy until Mrs Grumpy got truly grumpy when she caught onto her diminishing supplies of white linen (other materials such as polycotton are/were available)

In short Rum'n yer talking bollix & most crucially failing to understand that no fleg exists in Norn Iron that has not been misappropriated and misused by one set of scumbags or another. I think perhaps in a vague way you are suggesting that UR would prefer that supporters do not use a fleg with which they can be tarred as Pradasint Barsturds, for only a fool thinks any fleg exists behind which all may rally with the possible exception of a white cross on a white background. >EW

True facts those.
Hundo P apart from missing one little point

UR or someone close to UR own something they feel is a very valuable commodity - the wee logo

Now that logo has been put on flegs. Yet the big flegs that always get on tv (Nev, 2BC etc) do not feature the wee logo

Knowing how UR think as a business leads to dangerous conclusions but we could see all non official flega phased out to be replaced by ones we need to buy from the wee shap (and pay royalties to ryan from bangor)
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:

Message .

image.jpeg
I might be wrong.
Is the moron closest to the camera Freddie Scappaticci?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Russ if the big flegs are attached to a pole ( wooden plastic or metallic ) the health and safety police and PSNI could define it as a potential weapon which of course the means of prohibition but then so are the wee plastic ones in the ground

But as the choir master said

There are some who are singing and some who are not

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Message .

image.jpeg
I might be wrong.
Is the moron closest to the camera Freddie Scappaticci?
He was the inventor of alphabetty spaghetti .............not many people know that. :D

Does this make me "a feckin' tout"? Will Fartin M'Guinness be round to do my knees?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Does a Fartin M'Guinness add flavour or give it a head ?

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rovi Snave wrote:Leave him alone - Mike is fine, if a little eccentric :fleg:

Yer all just jealous :duck: :lol:
Ya think?

How d'ya think "Wee Woman" got here name? :duck:

Before Northampton, she was just "Woman" :lol:
The 'Wee' in my name has everything to do with height (my lack of it). It has nothing to do with urine.

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rum. I've just given you the key reason UR PR are unhappy at the flegs
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Does a Fartin M'Guinness add flavour or give it a head ?

Careful Rum'n, if you suggest Fartin M'Guinness gives good head yer knees are bate. >EW
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Given Ulster will host Fiji vs the BaaBaas and any BaaBaas game I have been to include playing of GSTQ before the game. What will happen in November?