UR staff dishing out supporter advice

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: UR staff dishing out supporter advice

Post by Kofi Annan »

even more important, has anyone thought of what Anthem will be played for the Ireland Ladies "Home" game at Ravenhill

they will be at home, will they not!
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Anyways:
Ulster 2017.jpg
Ulster 2017.jpg (27.55 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:Given Ulster will host Fiji vs the BaaBaas and any BaaBaas game I have been to include playing of GSTQ before the game. What will happen in November?
Only if she goes to the game, I'd say.

Why do they play it at other Barbarian games :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:Given Ulster will host Fiji vs the BaaBaas and any BaaBaas game I have been to include playing of GSTQ before the game. What will happen in November?

Every BaaBaas game I've been to in England has played GSTQ alongside the visiting team anthem

How was it done at Thomond?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I wish to congratulate Ulster Rugby for not incorporating a single flegpole in the design of Spanners. Flegs are fer wipin' yer jaxi when you run out of copies of The Pradasint Tellygraff.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Or judging the wind strength/direction.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Or judging the wind strength/direction.
What? For pishing purposes so you don't get soaked? Wet yer index finger*** & hold it up, works a treat.

***Not with pish obviously, lessen you are a builder and need to toughen up yer hands. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rain probably

(as in "long to rain over us")
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I wish to congratulate Ulster Rugby for not incorporating a single flegpole in the design of Spanners. Flegs are fer wipin' yer jaxi when you run out of copies of The Pradasint Tellygraff.
They will need them for WC games as there is a protocol for that kinda thing ~justsaying #flegs4All
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I wish to congratulate Ulster Rugby for not incorporating a single flegpole in the design of Spanners. Flegs are fer wipin' yer jaxi when you run out of copies of The Pradasint Tellygraff.
They will need them for WC games as there is a protocol for that kinda thing ~justsaying #flegs4All
Unlike manys the ould lad, I have no problem with a temporary erection. >EW
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Every BaaBaas game I've been to in England has played GSTQ alongside the visiting team anthem
Is that perhaps because Workshy Will and his feckless half bro are in the habit of attending these events.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Is that perhaps because Workshy Will and his feckless half bro are in the habit of attending these events.
Never heard of GSTQ being played solely for a member of the Royal family being in attendance

I do somewhat remember though the Irish President gets a wee turn every time he/she rocks up
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Never heard of GSTQ being played solely for a member of the Royal family being in attendance

I do somewhat remember though the Irish President gets a wee turn every time he/she rocks up
Of GSTQ :shock: :shock: :shock:

He deserves a few bars of Amhrán na bhFiann, not easy getting up & down all those steps with wee short legs. :thumleft:

I have often repeated the lie, perpetrated I believe by Ronnie Drew, who in lamenting the Irish National Anthem dismissed it as an "Ould come all yee, written by Brendan Behan's Granny". The truth of course is that the words were written by Brendan Behan's uncle, Peader Kearney - no relation of Bob as far as I know - who has a pub named after him in Dame St.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Have the UR PR Dept not provided those guys with a nice big UR Logo fleg with the same sentiments prints on it for them.. that would rid them of the Norn Iron felt in this case and provide a win win situation for one and all.

Everytime I see thon yellow fleg I think I am in Coalisland at a BB Parade...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Have the UR PR Dept not provided those guys with a nice big UR Logo fleg with the same sentiments prints on it for them.. that would rid them of the Norn Iron felt in this case and provide a win win situation for one and all.

Everytime I see thon yellow fleg I think I am in Coalisland at a BB Parade...
BB? I thought you went Scouting for boys big lad. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: