Ospreys away 7 May

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ospreys away 7 May

Post by ding dong2u »

Knowing the BoT have previous ......... you'll probably be sitting in Gloucester :D :red:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Been to the Liberty once, for the Ospreys Munster game last season. Its a modern stadium, but there is a total lack of atmosphere. They pipe in music to try and get the Ospreys' fans to sing :roll:

The lack of a decent pub near the ground is also an issue - there is a Harvester but that does not count....
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Sounds good Justin!

BOT2 there's a couple of us on here, and some bakebookers, in EL3, would be good to get the representation up!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

pre-game in Spoons or closer to the stadium? from memory it's a solid walk or the 8 (?) bus which runs at fairly weird times. or it certainly did for Ospreys-Leinster in the winter.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Its a modern stadium, but there is a total lack of atmosphere. They pipe in music to try and get the Ulster fans to sing :roll:

The lack of a decent pub near the ground is also an issue - there is a Club but that does not count....
Could be Ravers ffs
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Do they want a band?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Its a modern stadium, but there is a total lack of atmosphere. They pipe in music to try and get the Ulster fans to sing :roll:

The lack of a decent pub near the ground is also an issue - there is a Club but that does not count....
Could be Ravers ffs
Several decent pubs in 10-15 mins walking distance from ravers - Errigle, Big House, Malone RFC etc - luxury compared to Liberty Stadium. If you think Ravers lacks atmosphere, a library has more noise than the Liberty! :D
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Could be Ravers ffs
Several decent pubs in 10-15 mins walking distance from ravers - Errigle, Big House, Malone RFC etc - luxury compared to Liberty Stadium. If you think Ravers lacks atmosphere, a library has more noise than the Liberty! :D
18 min to the Errigle, 17min to the Pavilion and 16min to Malone on foot according to Google maps.

The Rosetta was also 16 min away.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Could be Ravers ffs
18 min to the Errigle, 17min to the Pavilion and 16min to Malone on foot according to Google maps.

The Rosetta was also 16 min away.
Google maps is at best a rough guide.... :D Still luxury compared to the Liberty Stadium! Was at least 30 mins walk back into Swansea Centre from the stadium with no boozers en route!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Of the top of my head, I can think of 8 churches within a similar distance.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The amenities around Ravenhill are frankly shocking
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tazz #15 wrote:Sounds good Justin!

BOT2 there's a couple of us on here, and some bakebookers, in EL3, would be good to get the representation up!

Cool.

I'm fairly tall, fat and hairy. My lass from Tyrone is not so much.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Cool.

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Aargh.

It's early.......
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

justinr73 wrote:

Cool.

What he means Tazz, is you will know them when you see a very good looking bird with an ugly fecker with an English accent :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best