How do I watch the matches on Friday and Sat in Portugal ?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Davidsd
Novice

How do I watch the matches on Friday and Sat in Portugal ?

Post by Davidsd »

Hi Guys, has anyone any ideas how I can watch the matches on Friday and next Saturday ? I will be in Portugal, I am not a Sky customer but I was going to buy a couple of Day passes, however they tell me that these will not work in Portugal ! HELP !!! Any ideas, PLEASE!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: How do I watch the matches on Friday and Sat in Portugal

Post by Rooster »

Davidsd wrote:Hi Guys, has anyone any ideas how I can watch the matches on Friday and next Saturday ? I will be in Portugal, I am not a Sky customer but I was going to buy a couple of Day passes, however they tell me that these will not work in Portugal ! HELP !!! Any ideas, PLEASE!
Watch the Friday match on BBC sport website, where in Portugal ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Davidsd
Novice

Post by Davidsd »

Not far from Lisbon. Does the BBC website have live video ? I have UKIPTV on my tablet, it gets BBC1NI but it doesn't get BBC2NI. The final is on Sky so normally that means that that BBC Radio Ulster broadcast it but again I'm not sure that the broadcast you get on AM is available on the BBC website ! D
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Davidsd wrote:Not far from Lisbon. Does the BBC website have live video ? I have UKIPTV on my tablet, it gets BBC1NI but it doesn't get BBC2NI. The final is on Sky so normally that means that that BBC Radio Ulster broadcast it but again I'm not sure that the broadcast you get on AM is available on the BBC website ! D
BBC NI will have the final should we be competing.

You could use an anominiser which will make BBC/Sky think you are in the UK.

Or you could just do like the other 90% of the population and watch it on an unlicensed stream.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Corvus corax
Novice

Post by Corvus corax »

Mobdro is a handy app for android phones/tablets. Not available from the Playstore - you need to get it from their website. You'll definitely get the Sky Sports stream of the match on it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

If you're on the Algarve, there's bound to be a British/Irish sports bar that will show it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:If you're on the Algarve, there's bound to be a British/Irish sports bar that will show it.
Lisbon is not on the Algarve though Merv :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

As someone else mentioned, Mobdro will definitely give you the Sky stream (average, but passable).

Kodi is the ultimate programme for streams, better quality than Mobdro, and can be installed on Windows (laptop/tablet), Android (tabket/phone) and various other devices. Only problem is that you'd need to be reasonably tech-minded to be comfortable with installing the programme then the add ons. I can find a link to a guide for you if you reckon you can do it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:If you're on the Algarve, there's bound to be a British/Irish sports bar that will show it.
Lisbon is not on the Algarve though Merv :roll:
:duh: didn't notice that.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If you have a laptop with you, you can use https://www.tunnelbear.com/ to convince your laptop that it is actually in the UK and watch it on the BBCNI website assuming it's being used for the game.

Although I have the UK channels in Spain through my friend Pablo, that doesn't get me into iplayer so with tunnelbear when you want to catch up on something, it's a piece of urine with excellent quality.

You're welcome :thumleft: :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Davidsd
Novice

Post by Davidsd »

Thanks for the info Guys.
D
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

A NowTV Sports pass allows you to watch all Sky Sports channels.

NowTV is blocked if it thinks you are outside the UK but you can get around this using a VPN or DNS service.

I use www.overplay.net

It is a subscription service but you can sign up for a month then cancel and I've found it more reliable than free services, which can be a bit flakey.