Other Summer Tests

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Other Summer Tests

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:
Neill_M wrote:England were very good again. Mr Jones has turned them into the real deal, takes a good team to win a series 3-0 in Australia. The 6N will be dominated by them for the next few years.

In other news Scotland won 21-16, winning their series 2-0 - some say they were big in Japan >EW
When was the last time a NH side did that? Ireland had an awesome series in SA too.
Losing isn't awesome you negative nancy
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Argentina 0 - 27 France in 2nd test, not bad considering it was a 2nd XV >EW
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

bazzaj wrote:Eddie Jones is fantastic.
Half an hour makes another great call.
England not matching Aussie breakdown down brings on Lawes puts Otojay to br and changes game once again.
He could have just picked the right team in the first place though!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Check out the Schmidt thread Justin where I answer that very point at length as I don't want to bore others with the same chat.
If you can be bothered that is.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:England were very good again. Mr Jones has turned them into the real deal, takes a good team to win a series 3-0 in Australia. The 6N will be dominated by them for the next few years.

In other news Scotland won 21-16, winning their series 2-0 - some say they were big in Japan >EW
That may well be, but the other "home" nations have done tolerably well even Wales in a resounding couple or three results but there were signs that their boss is trying to change Warrenball as a thing of the past. No idea how Scotland actually played but after the RWC Japan should not be written off as canon fodder. Ireland to showed so development in broadening their game with some decent back play rather than constant kicking though the kick was still well in evidence.

I hope our great coach/crap selector will not simply revert to type in November.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

World pecking order would appear to be New Zealand and Sarryball a clear first and second and the other International teams in a state of flux after the RWC .

A better indication will come after the Quad nations and then autumn internationals.

England will continue to perform well with a heavy pack to retain possession, using illegal methods in the set scrum and a sound line out and a slow game, with Farrell at inside centre as play maker to provide the wings with something to chase down the tram lines. Sarryball with Cole fouling !!!
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Ok