Euro2016

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Euro2016

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:Rarely have I trawled through such a lot of more manure than in the last ten pages of this.
Well that's a bit ungrateful Rocky, I tried to inject a little mirth. Clearly not good enough so here are a few of the things that delight me in religion.

The devaluation of woman compared to men:

If a man marries a man's daughter and decides she's not up to much he accuses her of not being a virgin. Her father then produces proof that she was a virgin, and the disappointed husband must pay him 100 shekels.

If a man rapes a man's daughter who was a virgin and his "crime" (for rape is not a crime in the bible) is discovered he must pay her father 50 shekels and marry her. (great for the raped girl no doubt :roll: )

So for insulting a girls father by saying he effectively sold you damaged goods you pay him twice as much as if you had raped his daughter. Conclusion: a man's pride is worth twice a girl being raped.

This is all articulated in that fine book of the bible Deuteronomy, chapter 22

Men are worth more to God than woman as confirmed in good old Leviticus, chapter 27 :
Speak to the people of Israel and say to them: When a person makes an explicit vow to the Lord concerning the equivalent for a human being, the equivalent for a male shall be: from twenty to sixty years of age the equivalent shall be fifty shekels of silver by the sanctuary shekel. If the person is a female, the equivalent is thirty shekels. If the age is from five to twenty years of age, the equivalent is twenty shekels for a male and ten shekels for a female. If the age is from one month to five years, the equivalent for a male is five shekels of silver, and for a female the equivalent is three shekels of silver. And if the person is sixty years old or over, then the equivalent for a male is fifteen shekels, and for a female ten shekels.
Then we have Jesus, all that love & peace crap, practically his signature. Not according to our valued informant Luke, who quotes Jesus thus "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple". Nice.

Hosea aka "Prophet of Divine Love" makes something of a mockery of God's endless forgiveness, "The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." Nice bit of forgiveness there God, though I've no idea what their crime was.

No, not very funny, but exactly the sort of stuff DUPers like Ron'n insist are the truth and are "right", it must be, it's in the bible FFFS. :banghead:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
rocky wrote:Rarely have I trawled through such a lot of more manure than in the last ten pages of this.
+1
Ever read this...

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
+1
Ever read this...

Yes
And the Fireman Sam death book Koran and the Torah

All good fictional tales
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Why is that necessary ? Since what is written is disbelieved . The Spirit moved across the face of the waters ask where the waters came from etc etc etc

Small minds think small

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
God said let there be light, therefore before that there was no light.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Well that's a bit ungrateful Rocky, I tried to inject a little mirth. Clearly not good enough so here are a few of the things that delight me in religion.

The devaluation of woman compared to men:

If a man marries a man's daughter and decides she's not up to much he accuses her of not being a virgin. Her father then produces proof that she was a virgin, and the disappointed husband must pay him 100 shekels.

If a man rapes a man's daughter who was a virgin and his "crime" (for rape is not a crime in the bible) is discovered he must pay her father 50 shekels and marry her. (great for the raped girl no doubt :roll: )

So for insulting a girls father by saying he effectively sold you damaged goods you pay him twice as much as if you had raped his daughter. Conclusion: a man's pride is worth twice a girl being raped.

This is all articulated in that fine book of the bible Deuteronomy, chapter 22

Men are worth more to God than woman as confirmed in good old Leviticus, chapter 27 :
Speak to the people of Israel and say to them: When a person makes an explicit vow to the Lord concerning the equivalent for a human being, the equivalent for a male shall be: from twenty to sixty years of age the equivalent shall be fifty shekels of silver by the sanctuary shekel. If the person is a female, the equivalent is thirty shekels. If the age is from five to twenty years of age, the equivalent is twenty shekels for a male and ten shekels for a female. If the age is from one month to five years, the equivalent for a male is five shekels of silver, and for a female the equivalent is three shekels of silver. And if the person is sixty years old or over, then the equivalent for a male is fifteen shekels, and for a female ten shekels.
Then we have Jesus, all that love & peace crap, practically his signature. Not according to our valued informant Luke, who quotes Jesus thus "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple". Nice.

Hosea aka "Prophet of Divine Love" makes something of a mockery of God's endless forgiveness, "The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." Nice bit of forgiveness there God, though I've no idea what their crime was.

No, not very funny, but exactly the sort of stuff DUPers like Ron'n insist are the truth and are "right", it must be, it's in the bible FFFS. :banghead:
Show some respect. God gave his only son to die on the cross...except it turns out he was immortal anyway and he also is God.

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

First lesson in life believe or disbelieve but never mock a man's religion

Dave Allen normally got the balance right to differ between humour and ridicule and mockery .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:First lesson in life believe or disbelieve but never mock a man's religion

Dave Allen normally got the balance right to differ between humour and ridicule and mockery .

Maybe in retrospect. He was as controversial as Frankie Boyle in his day.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Difference Dave Allen seldom gave offence and never set out to

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:First lesson in life believe or disbelieve but never mock a man's religion

First lesson in life would be to question everything. Usually followed by, why?

Do you ever question your religion?

Don't pull the 'I'm offended crap'. Nothing happens when you are offended.

https://youtu.be/ceS_jkKjIgo
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

rumncoke wrote:Difference Dave Allen seldom gave offence and never set out to
He gave enough offence to be banned by RTE.

Probably because he took the p!ss out of Roman Catholics a bit more than prods.

Fundamentalist Protestant types are OK with religion being made fun of as long as it is the pope, priests and nuns.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Allen directed his humour at the the " Church " rather than at religion RTE held the " Church"
In high regard at that time .
He also possessed a dark laugh at death and mocked the fear which is the right of the living .

For those who understand listen to "its in the Book "

A full blooded mockery of a preaching style

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Religion must be mocked
It is simply a system of control
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:

Religion must be mocked
It is simply a system of control
Don't mock or question it. Think the same always.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

If it's a system of control as you claim -- is it successful ?

Me knows b/s by the smell .