Euro2016

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Euro2016

Post by Shan »

The football is starting tonight with France v Romania but England have got a head start in the hooliganism.

I note the poor Daily Mail refer to the English as fans while it is only the French are hooligans. Playing to their sub-average IQ readership no doubt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ussia.html
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Euro2016

Post by Shan »

Meanwhile the very naughty NI fans engaging in some light hearted foolery at Dublin Airport. The Indo is planning on a headline telling us that children call each other names in the schoolyard next week. They really have their finger on the pulse of all the major issues in the world.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 87894.html
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:The football is starting tonight with France v Romania but England have got a head start in the hooliganism.

I note the poor Daily Mail refer to the English as fans while it is only the French are hooligans. Playing to their sub-average IQ readership no doubt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ussia.html
The Sun had a headline about Brave English Lions ( their wendyballists ) defying terrorrism, unlike their German counterparts for some reason :lol:

Couple of Scots weemin are only after asking me when this keek starts. Didn't think you'd be interested says I. Oh we're not says she ... but we love watching England get beat :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Irish Indo had an "article" the other day about fans disrespecting the irish flag by putting the funny phrases and pics on them.

Really is a quality paper....

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wait until some of the hooligans encounter French police crowd control, they will wonder what happened when they waken up 3 days later
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

24 teams is a terrible format. 36! games just to get rid of the 8 teams who probably shouldn't be there in the first place and then just 16 to sort out the quality.

Makes the Sooper Dooper look like a well run tournament.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:24 teams is a terrible format. 36! games just to get rid of the 8 teams who probably shouldn't be there in the first place and then just 16 to sort out the quality.

Steady on Merv, at least they have a full set of sponsors not like the SDC
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:24 teams is a terrible format. 36! games just to get rid of the 8 teams who probably shouldn't be there in the first place and then just 16 to sort out the quality.

But the flipside is that Sarries can't win it! :cheers:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

But the flipside is that Sarries can't win it! :cheers:
Hopefully the "brave" Crusaders can't win either.

Saw another daft tabloid headline saying ISIS could target English "knights" :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:Wait until some of the hooligans encounter French police crowd control, they will wonder what happened when they waken up 3 days later
There is little I enjoyed more than seeing the Irish riot police batter the f-ck out of English filth back in 1995. I only wish they had been even harder on the invading barbarian excuses for humans. Hopefully the French will employ similar or harsher tactics on any uncivilised tribes(likely to be English) who decide to turn up.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

It's a bit ridiculous alright but there's too many fecking countries in Europe. Bring back the USSR. :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:Wait until some of the hooligans encounter French police crowd control, they will wonder what happened when they waken up 3 days later
There is little I enjoyed more than seeing the Irish riot police batter the f-ck out of English filth back in 1995. I only wish they had been even harder on the invading barbarian excuses for humans. Hopefully the French will employ similar or harsher tactics on any uncivilised tribes(likely to be English) who decide to turn up.
That was quite amusing Shan :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Garda are not in the same league as the French riot squads close but not quite as brutal :thumleft:
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Shan wrote: It's a bit ridiculous alright but there's too many fecking countries in Europe. Bring back the USSR. :D
You just want to avoid having to qualify for the Eurovision Song Contest.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:
That was quite amusing Shan :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Garda are not in the same league as the French riot squads close but not quite as brutal :thumleft:
Rooster... but the garda have a certain style all of their own certainly in the good old days..... I remember when they also enjoyed a days crowd control with a republican March in Dublin.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Whether the English started the trouble with Russians or not the Russians will certainly finish it. The French police will find it difficult to handle the Russian organisation...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU