Tattoo studio recommendations

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Tattoo studio recommendations

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:Anyone recently got a tattoo and can recommend a place?

I know Baggy can't help with this one Image
FFFS Shammy, don't do it. Think 40 years ahead and imagine yerself in the emergency room, the clothes hanging aff ye and some junior doctor wondering what that mess in the ould doll us all about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, as you know I associate tats with sad fat drunken orangebastards.

Well sure, I've said my piece, but your a full grown woman Shammy, doubtful that the advice of a rancid ould fart will change your destiny - a meeting with the inkman's sharp blade. :shock:

In fairness, I know a woman or two much older than you with a tat, some even look half decent.(not Mrs T I hasten to add)
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh aye Shammy, if you must do it avoid some Spide who can't spell, or a Chinese bloke who'll carve, Round eyed fool on you and tell you it spells whatever you asked for. An FFFS no Arabic, in a few years time that's going to cause trouble. :stir:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:

I would recommend that you don't get one at all. But if you really have to - then choose some place that no one else will ever see it. :lol:

I really don't understand this fascination youngsters have with permanent self-mutilation. Even if you think they look lovely when they are new - please have a look at the tattoos on some of our senior citizens and think again. :banghead:
Even that is a peril PWR, I had a couple of colleagues who got them - a butterfly and a seahorse respectively - in the "panty area" and such is my singular charm, and extreme good looks (past tense of course) sure they couldn't not offer me a gleek. Have to say, they looked, hmmmmm, interesting..... ah maybe it was the background rather than the specific art.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Seems to be de rigueur now to have the details of all your dearly departed (including pets) with date of passing, touching tributes , flowers, teddy bears and so forth. These must be visible of course.

All your weans with birthdays need to be there as well ... obviously :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

I would recommend that you don't get one at all. But if you really have to - then choose some place that no one else will ever see it. :lol:

I really don't understand this fascination youngsters have with permanent self-mutilation. Even if you think they look lovely when they are new - please have a look at the tattoos on some of our senior citizens and think again. :banghead:
Even that is a peril PWR, I had a couple of colleagues who got them - a butterfly and a seahorse respectively - in the "panty area" and such is my singular charm, and extreme good looks (past tense of course) sure they couldn't not offer me a gleek. Have to say, they looked, hmmmmm, interesting..... ah maybe it was the background rather than the specific art.
Ladies with plastic diddies also seem surprisingly amenable to letting one cop a feel - purely in the interests of science of course :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:They're not all terrible

If ever a man's face need shot clean off, his calf does.
:banghead:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:Image
There's a beautiful irony in the fact that he has the Union Flag the right way up. Clearly a details man. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

A young gentleman of my acquaintance has a fantastic tattoo of a poem on his forearm. It contains three spelling mistakes and an apostrophe where should be none.
Interestingly he is 16 and I believe it is illegal to tattoo young people under the age of 18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Tattoo removal is the fastest growing industry in the country.
Not so.

Fastest growing sector of cosmetics industry, but not fastest growing industry ....... APPARENTLY! >EW
..... I made the fact up in an attempt to encourage Shammy to reconsider her ill-conceived notion.
I put it to you,sir, that in fact, if you had stated the fact that I made up ...... I mean, the factually correct fact that I stated, it would have been equally persuasive, if not more so - FACT!

In fact, as you have now admitted that in fact you manufactured your "fact", I suspect Shammy will now ignore it completely.

You have been helped ....... by a damned pedant!

I put it to you now, sir, that the fastest growing "industry" is manufacturing facts on discussion fora - a fact made even more true because I just made that one up too.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:A young gentleman of my acquaintance has a fantastic tattoo of a poem on his forearm. It contains three spelling mistakes and an apostrophe where should be none.
Interestingly he is 16 and I believe it is illegal to tattoo young people under the age of 18
Not just young people - anyone under the age of 18.

Pedantry rules okay! :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:A young gentleman of my acquaintance has a fantastic tattoo of a poem on his forearm. It contains three spelling mistakes and an apostrophe where should be none.

Apparently not (surprised Grumps missed this one - open goal mate :lol: )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rtist.html
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Apparently not (surprised Grumps missed this one - open goal mate :lol: )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rtist.html
I believe that Snipe would remind you of "the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' " (not in English though for some reason).

He was referring to under 18s who receive rather than give, and that being illegal rather than blessed.

Now away and get Acts 20: 35 tattooed on yer buttock and see how comfortably that sits with ye. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'm pretty sure employers have the right to not hire and the right to fire people with visible tattoos