Connacht Away 7th October 16

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

10 or 15 only
Initiate

Connacht Away 7th October 16

Post by 10 or 15 only »

As 4 of us are going to this game, hotel booked, I wondered about tickets.

Connacht have on sale their Sept. home games. No Clan Terrace or Main Stand Terrace tickets available for those games.

I emailed the ticket office regarding our game and got this reply,

"It doesn’t look likely that there will be any Main Stand tickets available for the rest of the season."

So which end do we pick? The wind and rain in our backs or in our faces. Pray for a dry day.

Just as expected STs have obviously sold well. The sooner they increase the capacity the better.
Boutye
Initiate

Re: Connacht Away 7th October 16

Post by Boutye »

Hotel booked day the fixture came out....as for tickets , got a couple of freebies via work, went to a couple of their games last season and had a great time whilst in the terrace and afterwards in their hospitality tent.

Top folk and top time.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Contacted UR to ask if there would be an "Ulster allocation" for this game or just buy direct from Connacht...still waiting for a response.

There is an alternative option to standing behind the posts and gambling on Galway's very unpredictable weather...the enclosure :duck:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Contacted UR to ask if there would be an "Ulster allocation" for this game or just buy direct from Connacht...still waiting for a response.

There is an alternative option to standing behind the posts and gambling on Galway's very unpredictable weather...the enclosure :duck:
Normally just buy direct from club for PRO12 matches.
They were advertising a job for someone in ticket office so perhaps you are caught up in changeover?
Trouble with the enclosure is you get a good view but no atmosphere from outside, though suppose easier to get drink and bogs
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

What is unpredictable about Galway weather?

They never used to check tickets at the sportsground . Will an enclosure ticket not get you into the terrace?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Midget6
Novice

Post by Midget6 »

BR wrote:What is unpredictable about Galway weather?

They never used to check tickets at the sportsground . Will an enclosure ticket not get you into the terrace?
Yes - Enclosure tickets get you into the general mix area at the bar downstairs and there's no check to get onto the terrace from there.

You do get queue less bogs as well.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Connacht fans have made Murty Rabbits as their main pub for this season. Was previously the Dail Bar.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:The Connacht fans have made Murty Rabbits as their main pub for this season. Was previously the Dail Bar.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Nice bar :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Tickets not out yet but the ticket prices will be:

Adult Terrace 27.50 Euro
Main Stand 37.50 Euro
Enclosure 44 Euro

Concession prices will be reduced naturally. They are putting in a new temporary stand for this season beside the main stand which will seat 300 which they claim will be covered. The tickets should be available in the next couple of weeks.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Tickets not out yet but the ticket prices will be:

Adult Terrace 27.50 Euro
Main Stand 37.50 Euro
Enclosure 44 Euro

Concession prices will be reduced naturally. They are putting in a new temporary stand for this season beside the main stand which will seat 300 which they claim will be covered. The tickets should be available in the next couple of weeks.
There have not been any main stand tickets available for the first 3 league matches
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Tickets not out yet but the ticket prices will be:

Adult Terrace 27.50 Euro
Main Stand/Reserved Seat Stand 37.50 Euro
Enclosure 44 Euro

There have not been any main stand tickets available for the first 3 league matches
Thus the new temp stand, tickets for it now appearing for the Glasgow game on Sat. Not surprisingly the Ulster game along with the other inter-pros and the Not the Heineken Cup games are Cat 1 matches along. The other Pro 12 home games v the likes of Glasgow etc are Cat 2.

Adult Terrace 27.50 E - Cat 1/22 E - Cat 2
Main Stand/Reserved Seat Stand 37.50 E - Cat 1/32.50 E - Cat 2
Enclosure 44 E - Cat 1/33 E - Cat 2
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

For anyone heading down for the game, there is also a jazz festival on the same weekend, if that's your thing.

http://gjf16.com/index.html

I am told that due to this festival being on, hotel prices are higher than normal.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Enclosure has sold out. Tickets still available behind the posts and in the Reserved Seating Stand. Corporate options also available.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Neill_M wrote:For anyone heading down for the game, there is also a jazz festival on the same weekend, if that's your thing.

http://gjf16.com/index.html

I am told that due to this festival being on, hotel prices are higher than normal.
Massive fan of their magazines
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND