Bordeaux Away 16th Oct

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Bordeaux Away 16th Oct

Post by Gerald the Mole »

BR wrote:
BR wrote:Black velvet claims to be a Belfast bar. I think we should try them out.
I was thinking about this.

Formica tables.
Vinyl seating.
Dartboard and darts with Union Jack/Tricolour flights (2 only).
You get sussed out by the time you're halfway down your first pint.
Bloke at end of bar given lots of respect by other customers and never puts his hand in his pocket for a drink.
Friday night a bloke comes in and plays with his organ by himself.
Like this
http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belf ... t-11880774
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Five match tickets bought for total £61.05. Not bad, and its Section 24 Row 5 seats 99-103 should anyone want to sit near us or indeed not near us.
For the avoidance of any doubt I have never been before to Bordeaux and apparently we are in some cheap airbnb on the Rue du Tondu which looks like not too far a stagger to the ground.
Only downside was my rather expensive aer lingus flight - £183.50 return Dublin-Bordeaux-Dublin.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Tickets arrived safely in post yesterday :)
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
son of ulster
Novice

Post by son of ulster »

What part of the stadium will most of Ulster supporters be in at match in Bordeaux?
No doubt where HWM will be, in cheapest place !!
born an ulsterman, will die an ulsterman
but not for a long time yet I hope !
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

son of ulster wrote:What part of the stadium will most of Ulster supporters be in at match in Bordeaux?
No doubt where HWM will be, in cheapest place !!
Having problems booking. My CC isn't validating properly.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Bought 2 this pm. Main stand - Tribune D'Honneur

Register with Ticketmaster.fr
Can change language and click on sport.
Scroll down to rugby and Bordeaux Begles.
Tickets are there to buy.
The only option to receive tickets is by post and that's 14 euros. No print at home.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

10 or 15 only wrote:Bought 2 this pm. Main stand - Tribune D'Honneur

Register with Ticketmaster.fr
Can change language and click on sport.
Scroll down to rugby and Bordeaux Begles.
Tickets are there to buy.
The only option to receive tickets is by post and that's 14 euros. No print at home.
I was using UBB's own site. To be fair, the problem seemed to be at my bank's 3D secure process (or whatever it's called) rather than the UBB site. I'll try again with a less rigid browser.

The UBB site only allows 'print at home', which suits me.

If it remains a problem, I'll just pay at the gate.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Two Tribune Honneur tickets acheted et imprimed. Pas de problème hier soire.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

MEET place Bordeaux 16th Oct

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

With some of us heading out to the West of France as of next Wed/Thur thought it might be useful to suggest a meet place

The BLACK VELVET BAR (described as a 'Norn Irish' pub) is pretty central and sounds just the ticket

http://www.blackvelvetbar.fr/

Opened in March 2008 the Black Velvet is an (Norn) Irish Pub. A Belfast bar located in St Pierre area in Bordeaux, next to the “miroir d’eau” and the river. In the Black Velvet you can enjoy a nice fresh pint of the best Guinness and a classic malt while listening to good music and watching a match on the big screen. We have a menu of seven homemade burgers which are famous in the city and you can sweeten your diner with a cheese cake or a crumble. We also have a pool table, a dart board and an 80’s arcade games machine! Enjoy Barry’s Pub Quiz on Wednesday, taste our Dead Rockstars cocktails and let us know which is your favorite!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:With some of us heading out to the West of France as of next Wed/Thur thought it might be useful to suggest a meet place

The BLACK VELVET BAR (described as a 'Norn Irish' pub) is pretty central and sounds just the ticket

Opened in March 2008 the Black Velvet is an (Norn) Irish Pub. A Belfast bar located in St Pierre area in Bordeaux, next to the “miroir d’eau” and the river. In the Black Velvet you can enjoy a nice fresh pint of the best Guinness and a classic malt while listening to good music and watching a match on the big screen. We have a menu of seven homemade burgers which are famous in the city and you can sweeten your diner with a cheese cake or a crumble. We also have a pool table, a dart board and an 80’s arcade games machine! Enjoy Barry’s Pub Quiz on Wednesday, taste our Dead Rockstars cocktails and let us know which is your favorite!
Give them a shout Surrey. Ask them their best price for a pint.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

BR wrote:
Surrey Red Hand wrote:With some of us heading out to the West of France as of next Wed/Thur thought it might be useful to suggest a meet place

Sorted BR .... will keep you posted if I hear back from them

Looks like it is 5 Euros a pint which for France is good :stout:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
BR wrote:

So offer them 3.50 and see what happens.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

BR wrote:
Surrey Red Hand wrote:
BR wrote:

You have been associating with HWM too much :roll: :shock:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
BR wrote:
Surrey Red Hand wrote:
BR wrote:

You have been associating with HWM too much :roll: :shock:
Everyone has been associating with HWM too long (even those who haven't met him).

But I have on many occasions negotiated a 'weekend rate' in French bars. They are usually owner-operated and the landlord is rarely stupid.

That said, I suspect I shall be sticking to the vin rouge next week.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Midget6
Novice

Re: MEET place Bordeaux 16th Oct

Post by Midget6 »

Is it as Norn Irish as you are Hertfordshire Mick? :stout: