The Holiday Programme - Paris, France

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: The Holiday Programme - Paris, France

Post by damianmcr »

I disagree there Baggy. I'd always heard the same but I much preferred Disney. The worse thing about Disney is the amount of lazy fat Yanks on their motorized buggies. Truly horrible.

I hope you enjoy Paris. I love it there. Only been twice but hopefully go back soon.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Disneyland
No thanks Damo. Had all that crap when the kids were young, Disney is just awful, Universal Studios much more entertaining.
Kennedy Space Centre is the best "theme park" for big kids.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:I disagree there Baggy. I'd always heard the same but I much preferred Disney. The worse thing about Disney is the amount of lazy fat Yanks on their motorized buggies. Truly horrible.

I hope you enjoy Paris. I love it there. Only been twice but hopefully go back soon.
Thanks Damo, I know I will, we honeymooned there, went to 4 rugby internationals, holidayed there several times, usually spending a few days there on the way back up France towards the ferry, but all quite a while back since we have "flown south" and concentrated on Spain where I hope to reside this time next year.

Have to smile mind you, I may be that lazy fat Paddy on a golf cart at Versailles, maybe I'll man up & do the hard yards. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disney, what really made me hate it was that horrible "small world" yoke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The one in Florida has something to commend it, the one in LA is just the pits. I abominate the French nation for allowing it into their country. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
No thanks Damo. Had all that crap when the kids were young, Disney is just awful, Universal Studios much more entertaining.
I went there in the 70s Merv when space was the coolest thing. I was a bit disconcerted by these signs mind you, they were bloody everywhere then, up on every fence about 15 yards apart. I took it seriously.
SNAKES.jpg
SNAKES.jpg (59.57 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
The air & space museum in Washington DC is well worth a gleek if you are ever passing on your way to Capitol Hill.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
I went there in the 70s Merv when space was the coolest thing. I was a bit disconcerted by these signs mind you, they were bloody everywhere then, up on every fence about 15 yards apart. I took it seriously.
SNAKES.jpg
The air & space museum in Washington DC is well worth a gleek if you are ever passing on your way to Capitol Hill.
It's a good spot for wildlife. I saw alligators and a bald eagle in the KSC. :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: I saw alligators and a bald eagle in the KSC. :thumleft:
I saw chickens* and a bald man in KFC once. :thumleft:

* allegedly
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Only been to Disney in Paris and Orlando.

I went on my honeymoon a few months ago to Orlando and then NYC (Im a big kid)

The KSC was fantastic. What really made it though was there was a rocket launch the same day. Paid a little extra to get closer. The sound was something else. The yanks could ruin nearly anything on you though with their whooping and cheering.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Only been to Disney in Paris and Orlando.

I went on my honeymoon a few months ago to Orlando and then NYC (Im a big kid)

The KSC was fantastic. What really made it though was there was a rocket launch the same day. Paid a little extra to get closer. The sound was something else. The yanks could ruin nearly anything on you though with their whooping and cheering.
I have a mate lives in Seattle who says the Seppos have more idiots per 100 people than any country on the planet but also some of the nicest most decent and helpful. To meet them I find it handy to anything more than a mile from the centre in any national parks because dicks don't like to walk. Anywhere remotely inconvenient and then you meet quality interesting people. :thumleft: