Munster game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Munster game

Post by bazzaj »

We run very predictable straight lines or passive in to out lines which are easy to defend.
That is a thing of the past or should be at any rate.

Running late out to in lines looking for soft defensive shoulders is quite literally the way forward.
Only Trimble and Payne currently seem capable of that in our set up.

You can run as many complicated patterns and plays as you want but if noone is prepared to cut an aggressive intensive line to be used or decoyed, the defence will not be held
Therefore you will always be better served kicking for corners to get anywhere.
Noone on our side really seems to understand this at the mo.

Someone mentioned our defensive stats with vdm and Diack topping our tackle counts last night.
They might well be tackling but the hits are non aggressive and entirely on the attackers terms.
Good for feck all then.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

bazz.. agree with you on the type of tackle but without analysing I'll just say that 1-2 tackles from Ferris and players would go looking to avoid the contact…

Bowe is likely finished but lets see what the rest of the year brings..

We are nice at going side to side.Charles can break lines using brut force and Payne runs some brilliant lines from 15. McCloskey can make yards and draw defenders in but the offload has been coached out of him. Olding is becoming a one trick pony and Paddy doesn't look to be the Messiah. Anyhow once we get rid of Ruan we will see the backs come into their own..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Eggs wrote:
Tighter End wrote:Charlie's early season honeymoon period is long gone. His try against the run of play, barely makes up for his woeful passing, which he only ever does when he's forced to, and his panicking gazelle running attempts. He need a boot in the hole.
Rob Lyttle is the only positive from last nite. Marshall is good, but he's a concussion magnet. The number of times we were calling for Bowe to chase a kick, says everything about Bowe. Thanks for the memories, but reputation alone won't win us a game.
The crack in n the Terrace was great as always, but still left with a sour taste.
Are you for real? Catch yourself on, and stop talking gibberish. Charles last week was pure and simple the only reason we won. Without him it would have been a loss. He created more last week than this week, but that is because he was generally very well marked this week, and no other player seemed to be able to use the space that this created elsewhere. Reidy was probably more likely to be with him than either of the wingers.

And I have no idea what your point is about Luke. Yes he has a history of concussions. He was very good last night and looked a threat
I said Luke was good, but he came out of tackles last nite totally dazed. It's one thing being committed, but there's no point getting wrecked and sitting through another concussion.

Charlie's passing is crap, his kicking is crap and without having seen the replay of the turnips first try, it looked like he was nowhere. If I'm wrong about the try, I'll hold my hands up, but you pays yer money you takes yer choice. I call it like it is and if you want to say it's gibberish, heh-ho I'll send someone to find my feck, but they might be away a while.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Charlie cant pass. You get away with that in the English Premier league, not here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Jackie Brown wrote:Charlie cant pass. You get away with that in the English Premier league, not here.

>clapping :lol:

Brilliant JB!

Not a requirement to get a dozen plus caps for the All Blacks before your 24 birthday either.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Jackie Brown wrote:Charlie cant pass. You get away with that in the English Premier league, not here.
Exactly. He can do it in the wide open spaces of Eden Park or in Welford Road.

Can't cut it on a wet friday night in the Sportsground. >crazy1 :lol:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

His passing has been tom kite though. He's a class act on the wing, center, not so much.

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Come on now lads, charlie can pass, it's just that he fires it like a bullet. Perhaps in NZ folks have the ability to catch them.
ChrisL
Novice

Post by ChrisL »

Ulster should forget training this week . Just sit down and watch videos of Connachts last few matches .... over and over until something sinks in !!!
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Maybe our forwards can carry. We just don't know it because they always take the ball static and never pick and drive.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Cockatrice wrote:bazz.. agree with you on the type of tackle but without analysing I'll just say that 1-2 tackles from Ferris and players would go looking to avoid the contact…

Bowe is likely finished but lets see what the rest of the year brings..

We are nice at going side to side.Charles can break lines using brut force and Payne runs some brilliant lines from 15. McCloskey can make yards and draw defenders in but the offload has been coached out of him. Olding is becoming a one trick pony and Paddy doesn't look to be the Messiah. Anyhow once we get rid of Ruan we will see the backs come into their own..
Read my mind cockers with the reference to Fez which I was going to use.
Reckon one of his hits is worth about 10 of Robbie Diacks in terms of having an overall impact or influence on a game.
You'll see more physicality on 'Strictly' tonight than you'll see from Robbie D in a season.
Last edited by bazzaj on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:His passing has been tom kite though. He's a class act on the wing, center, not so much.

That's it he is a winger. And a deadly one. He shouldn't be passing. We need to get him 1 v 1 with someone.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Yep, someone who can coach.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Guys, at least we're banging out the tunes. The music at half time is beyond antisocial for both the punters and the residents. Will Grigg's on fire is bang on trend, the Ulster Branch PR department know us so well. It's what the people want.

Last edited by Jackie Brown on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Not exactly inspiring the players either.