Autumn Internationals 2016

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Autumn Internationals 2016

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
I agree with both of you to an extent, however Murray is not a poor box kicker, he is an inconsistent one. Yesterday was a bad day, especially the first half several were wasteful but think back to Chicago and his kicking was outstanding, almost every one on the money and contestable.
Yeah that is fair enough Baggy. When he gets it right it is effective. I just wish we would kick it a bit less than we do. It's a small enough moan in the overall scheme of things. Ultimately I just want us to win every game. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Would that be Vile Nugent? I've no had the "opportunity" to watch RTE all AI's since the basterd FIRFU sold it's soul/hole to SHY & that other wee station.

The down side? Having to listen to Mark Robson, a man whose wonderful sense of humour is enjoyed by ............. only himself.

That apart Russ, if you think players care a hoot what a commentator or journalist says, you'll believe the Ulster team log on here daily to get the truth on their form. :thumleft:
Yeah. Shame you can't see RTE. Never mind the commentary - you are missing ROG and his Cork accent which seems to have got stronger since he moved to France. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

My main issue with Ireland in 2016 now relates to winning only 2 games in the 6 Nations
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The fact Clive is an important player in our squad shows just how far we've fallen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:The fact Clive is an important player in our squad shows just how far we've fallen.

Fallen from where?
We've been dung since Humphries walked out
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Since the days when we threatened to win something, Muller, Ferris etal

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Jackie Brown wrote:Since the days when we threatened to win something, Muller, Ferris etal

Even then we never threatened to win anything

Heiny final in 2012 was the closest we came and at that we were never going to win, we only got there because of an easy semi final
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: Would that be Vile Nugent? I've no had the "opportunity" to watch RTE all AI's since the basterd FIRFU sold it's soul/hole to SHY & that other wee station.

The down side? Having to listen to Mark Robson, a man whose wonderful sense of humour is enjoyed by ............. only himself.

That apart Russ, if you think players care a hoot what a commentator or journalist says, you'll believe the Ulster team log on here daily to get the truth on their form. :thumleft:
Yeah. Shame you can't see RTE. Never mind the commentary - you are missing ROG and his Cork accent which seems to have got stronger since he moved to France. :D
Genuinely do miss it, I always like listening to ROG, more than most players he was always worth hearing and seldom dodged a tricky question. Quite like shaggy too, however Paulie is on SKY as is Darce & they had Michael Lynagh.

The commentator is the killer, occasionally I hear a decent commentary from Robson but I can't remember the last one.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Since the days when we threatened to win something, Muller, Ferris etal

Even then we never threatened to win anything

Heiny final in 2012 was the closest we came and at that we were never going to win, we only got there because of an easy semi final
Pro12 final in 2013 was the one we could have/should have? won.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

rumncoke wrote:I think the part of the reason Ireland achieved success in the AI s is down to the fact Joe rested the players after the first match EoS and Kidney would have fielded the same players against Canada with only minor changes due to injury .

In four matches the second row consisted of Toner ,Ryan , Holland Dillane and Henderson

The back row SoB , Heaslip , Stander PoM and JVdF ,

With the bench being used on most occasions between 50 and 65 mins

Neither EoS or Kidney would have either made the changes in personnel or used the bench as intelligently .

Bench players under EoS came on 5 mins from time

There must be Irish players who have 8 caps for only 40 minutes on the pitch which failed to those players any real International Experience .

Carberry has possibly more experience in 4 weeks than Paddy Wallace had in 4 years

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Also helped by this being the worst ozzie side that I can remember.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Ireland release a statement saying Janny will have an enforced time out period for concussion

I mean his hamstring

They must have renegotiated his contract
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Jeez ATH. Quit being an apologist for the SH sides. First Ireland beat the ABs for the first time because NZ were weakened by injury and now the Aussies because they are the worst side you can remember. Take the wins for what they are. Turning over three SH sides in one season is epic.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Jeez ATH. Quit being an apologist for the SH sides. First Ireland beat the ABs for the first time because NZ were weakened by injury and now the Aussies because they are the worst side you can remember. Take the wins for what they are. Turning over three SH sides in one season is epic.
Learn to ignore and you become free
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Usually do Russ. Where's Baggy when you need him?
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

ATH

Read the post ffs it is a comparison of Joe to EoS and Kidney neither of whom could see beyond a squad of 28 players and abused them by asking them to play to many games ( at International level ) in a short period of time . and by confining their selection failed to develop any experience in depth by poor use of the bench.

I believe that the golden boys could have achieved more had they been better used and sometimes rested between major games.

All 3 coaches had and have only really 4 provinces to select from the pool of players is not any bigger now than then .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist