Clermont Away

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Clermont Away

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:
justinr73 wrote:That is good to hear. Thank you.

At least we'll be able to drown our sorrows!
Personally I would abandon the match and just go straight to the pub
The game itself I would agree - will be a cricket score - might as well send the 3rd XV, but it's a cracking ground with a brilliant atmosphere - worth experiencing.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

For those that purchased tickets through UR, has anyone received them yet? :scratch:
Finished
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

In a word, No.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Very few tickets remaining on their website - the match only went on general sale last night.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Doing some research for next weekend. If you know your seat location and number etc, can go to the ASM ticket page and get an approximate view from your seat, if there are any unsold seats in the near area etc.

There is a single tramline which runs through the City. There is a stop in the Place de Jaude, tram takes around 10 mins to the Stade Marcel Michelin (stop right outside it). Direction Les Vergnes for heading to the game, La Pardieu Gare for going back into town post game. A single on the Tram is 1.5 Euros. Alternatively it's around 30-40 minute walk.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Paris on the Friday night and then the 9am train to Clermont on the Saturday from Paris Bercy. Anyone joining us?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Café Pascal in the Place De La Victoire is the main rugby pub/meeting place. Usually shows all the other games on the tv etc. It is open on Sundays. There is also the Still, don't know what it is like as last time as it was a Sunday when we went there and it was shut (game previous day). The Place de la Victoire has a Christmas Market running most of December.

>TLGH , Connacht and :mexican: are all on tv on the Saturday in round 4.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Rovi Snave wrote:For those that purchased tickets through UR, has anyone received them yet? :scratch:
Mine arrived this morning

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Doing some research for next weekend. If you know your seat location and number etc, can go to the ASM ticket page and get an approximate view from your seat, if there are any unsold seats in the near area etc.

There is a single tramline which runs through the City. There is a stop in the Place de Jaude, tram takes around 10 mins to the Stade Marcel Michelin (stop right outside it). Direction Les Vergnes for heading to the game, La Pardieu Gare for going back into town post game. A single on the Tram is 1.5 Euros. Alternatively it's around 30-40 minute walk.
Clermont fans parade to the ground

Not sure if joining the parade will male UR PR release a statement regarding parades
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Is it OK to drink on the tram?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Is it OK to drink on the tram?
HWM. In my many years I've found it okay to drink in almost any place so long as you dress well

Dress like a ham and people look at you like you're a twunt
wrayzo
Novice

Post by wrayzo »

Now the tickets have actually arrived, I have 3 spare in block 15 if anyone is interested. Face value €39.50 each
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

waggonsroll wrote:
Rovi Snave wrote:For those that purchased tickets through UR, has anyone received them yet? :scratch:
Mine arrived this morning

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
Thanks Waggons - ours arrived yesterday :cheers:

Re Cafe Pascal - great rugby bar and great local food - would highly recommend it :thumleft:

Re the Still - typical Irish pub - if that's your thing!
Finished
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Doing some research for next weekend. If you know your seat location and number etc, can go to the ASM ticket page and get an approximate view from your seat, if there are any unsold seats in the near area etc.

Not sure if joining the parade will male UR PR release a statement regarding parades
I'm pretty sure it's a traditional route.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

222toHounslow wrote:
Russ wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's a traditional route.
We all know a good protest can shut down one of those