RIP Jamie

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

RIP Jamie

Post by Snipe Watson »

SUFTUM. One of our own. :salut: :salut: :salut:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: RIP Jamie

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Indeed. A brave young man who faced his difficulties with courage.

Fitting tribute by the players this evening - black armbands and fine words by Ruan and also Stevie Ferris as pundit.

These guys are human just like the rest of us and feel loss to.

Jamie will be widely missed.

Condolences especially to John and Pearl who couldn't have done more throughout Jamie's short life.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sad indeed, always a smile and a word from him, thought something was amiss when I didn't see him recently,
RIP Jamie :salut: :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Les Kiss dedicated the win tonight to young Jamie on his Twitter feed.
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

:(
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ruan mentioned him and his family, in fact it was the first thing he said when interviewed after receiving the motm award.

RIP Jamie.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I didn't know him personally but he almost part of the fabric at Ravenhill.

Bless him, my thoughts are with his Mum & Dad.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Very sad. Such positivity in the face of adversity certainly puts the gurning here in some perspective. Glad the boys were able to deliver a win for him :red:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Devastated to hear the news about Jamie whom we have known for many years, and admired the courage of John & Pearl who travelled to virtually every South Wales game with young Jamie season after season as well as many European games

No mean feat as it often took 2 days to drive/ferry from Banbridge to the likes of Llanelli

Spoke to John D last night who was obviously distraught at the loss of his son - our thoughts are with the family during these sad times
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Very moving service this afternoon and Jamie was carried to his final resting place by the players he loved.

Great turn out by Ulster players along with coaches and management.

The guys, organised by Rory, did him proud. :salut:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Very moving service this afternoon and Jamie was carried to his final resting place by the players he loved.

:salut: :salut: :salut:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Very moving service this afternoon and Jamie was carried to his final resting place by the players he loved.

That is special. Really special.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Thanks for sharing that Grumps, heartening stuff.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Saddened to hear of the sudden passing of this young man. For those of us who have
been attending The Hill for many years Jamie was a very familiar face. Even before
the new stadium was put up Jamie was a regular when getting around the "facilities"
was a lot more difficult than it is now. I was lucky enough to meet him, along with his
Mom and Dad, a couple of times over the years and was struck by his passion, dedication
and enthusiasm for Ulster Rugby.

RIP Jamie. :red:

Ulster Rugby mourning for dedicated fan Jamie Donaldson
Ulster Rugby has been left in shock after one of its most devoted supporters passed away.

Jamie Donaldson had been a regular at matches and meet the player events.

Although he used a wheelchair, Jamie (26) travelled widely to support his beloved team.

He died peacefully in the Royal Victoria Hospital on Friday.

Ulster star Ruan Pienaar dedicated Saturday's win over Cardiff to Jamie, and the team wore black armbands.

"I think, for all of us, it was a massive shock when we were on the way to the airport to get the news that Jamie had passed away," said Pienaar.

Winger Craig Gilroy described Jamie as "a fantastic supporter of Ulster Rugby - an inspiration".

The Ulster Rugby Supporters Club described Jamie, from Dromore, as one of its most respected and recognisable members.

"Jamie was a regular at the URSC information point pre-match, a frequent front row attendee at our meet the player events and consumer at our BBQs," the club said.

"However, it was watching Ulster play that Jamie loved more than anything else. He was a frequent traveller - wherever Ulster played, Jamie, Dad John and Mum Pearl could be seen."

The club said Jamie was a favourite of the players. "Of course it was post-match that Jamie's love of Ulster and the Ulster players' love of Jamie was played out in public," it said.

"Whilst others waited on tenterhooks for a possible glimpse of their heroes, an autograph or a selfie, the players invariably made a beeline to Jamie for a personal chat - indeed he was something of a hero to them. They were frequently rewarded with Jamie's famous distribution of post-match Mars bars! They will miss him, we will miss him."

In a 2009 interview Jamie's father John said he had known John Best - the father of players Simon and Rory - for a long time, although Jamie was unaware of his rugby connection. "Then one night, when there was an Ulster match on television, I just happened to say that if he kept watching he'd see one of John's sons coming on.

"Jamie's ears pricked up at that. He asked me where the match was taking place and I told him it was at Ravenhill.

"There and then he wanted to know if we could go, and when I told him that the match would be over before we could get there his next question was: 'Can we go next time?' And that was it."
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 67358.html
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Another tribute to Jamie in the Newsletter

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/ulster ... -1-7712851