New tackle laws from 3.1.2017

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

New tackle laws from 3.1.2017

Post by BaggyTrousers »

https://youtu.be/p6SKgwx7syo

Discuss ................if ye can be arsed.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New tackle laws from 3.1.2017

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:https://youtu.be/p6SKgwx7syo

Discuss ................if ye can be arsed.
Well that's as clear as mud. Looks like little change only they have invented a couple of new names for offences.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Reckless tackle
A player is deemed to have made reckless contact during a tackle or attempted tackle or during other phases of the game if in making contact, the player knew or should have known that there was a risk of making contact with the head of an opponent, but did so anyway. This sanction applies even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders. This type of contact also applies to grabbing and rolling or twisting around the head/neck area even if the contact starts below the line of the shoulders.
Minimum sanction: Yellow card
Maximum sanction: Red card

Accidental tackle
When making contact with another player during a tackle or attempted tackle or during other phases of the game, if a player makes accidental contact with an opponent’s head, either directly or where the contact starts below the line of the shoulders, the player may still be sanctioned. This includes situations where the ball-carrier slips into the tackle.
Minimum sanction: Penalty
Right so if a player slips the tackler is to blame :scratch: yet no mention of the dangerous method of jumping for the ball with a knee out towards the opposition, surely that is also reckless if the jumper hits a defender around the head yet because he has the ball it seems to be deemed ok :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ahh FFS, every time I learn something new, it pushes the old stuff out of my brain.
They need to sort out this high tackle debacle.
All to often when a ball carrier is tackled around the upper body, he'll instinctively try to duck out of it, which can lead to the tackler's arms sliding up onto his opponent's neck. I know the tackler should always go low and the big jessies should be strong enough to get a lump of shirt and skin, but it's not always possible. Players don't intentionally grab opponents around the neck, although Engurlund International Thugs seem to be coached to do it. So do we stick with the law as it is, or give Refs some latitude and put 'Intent-Accidental' into his locker?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Being penalised for a player slipping into a tackle is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if a few players start "slipping" a bit more because of it.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

It's a Cheater's Charter. There'll be coaching staff everywhere looking to exploit this. Everywhere but Spanners.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tighter End wrote:It's a Cheater's Charter. There'll be coaching staff everywhere looking to exploit this. Everywhere but Spanners.
ruckover wrote:Being penalised for a player slipping into a tackle is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if a few players start "slipping" a bit more because of it.
Going to head soccer style diving if refs allow it
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Tighter End wrote:It's a Cheater's Charter. There'll be coaching staff everywhere looking to exploit this. Everywhere but Spanners.
ruckover wrote:Being penalised for a player slipping into a tackle is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if a few players start "slipping" a bit more because of it.
I give you

Pascal Pape
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
I give you

Pascal Pape
Oui, une grande chemise d'un lassie.

I see his assailant was banned for one week. :lol: :lol: :lol: Neat clip on the chin, not a crippler.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rugby is dead.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Rugby is dead.
F1
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
F1
The Giants or F1 will be my new sport.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Very loose interpretation of the word 'Sport' there Dave.
One is pussy-mobiles driven by pretty boys, the other is heavily subsidised reject pussies sliding about until an A Team style fight breaks out, both are boring and not worth investing time or effort.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
F1

No they won't; you and the rest of us are hooked on rugby.The Fates have set our destiny.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

GLENN CORNICK wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
F1

No they won't; you and the rest of us are hooked on rugby.The Fates have set our destiny.
I like all sport though