Season Ticket renewal

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket renewal

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Two decades since I stood on the prom. two years since I stood on the terrace, both look equally shyte from my seat behind the posts (adult end). For a few dollars more you can sit in relative comfort, not have to duck & weave at crucial moments if you are not a giant, best of all, you can pish, buy a pint and be back in yer sate all within 5 minutes. BR taste bids must be more receptive than mine, I can swallie the :stout: without too much discomfort, though of course, you can't "relish" it, just keeps yer guldering bax lubricated.
What happens if you end up beside some bellend the whole season?

Ive renewed for next season :banghead: Was so tempted not to.
Actually, that would indeed be a consideration if you were on your T Sloan, fortunately, I am well served by surrounding folk, I have two mates beside me, my brother & a load of his crowd in front & a little to the right, a very humorous cove beside me on t'other side who keeps me entertained and two good sorts in front of my buddies who have been there as long as we have.

Add in that I have Solids up behind me & now it appears Scrumptious too, for I trust he's not insane enough to go to the Family Stand. :lol:

The one less good note is that I think we have about 8 corpo seats in the row immediately behind. Normally I am so concentrated I don't hear whatever bullshit is being spoken but on Friday there were 8 morons who said not a word about rugby all night but kept urging each other to "drop the C-bomb". :roll: :roll: :roll: I had to delve into my schooldays for the correct description and there it was in all its perfection, they were a bunch of fuc'king useless spastics, windielickers and oxygen wasters.

Anyway Damo, that is the only blemish in an otherwise excellent move in with the toffs.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:People have questioned my sanity for years, so I will almost certainly renew ....... maybe that answers the questions once and for all! >crazy1
In the renewal procedure, there is no sanity clause - don't tell the childer FFFS. That said, I don't know what the gurning is all about, I shall happily renew despite not knowing how much of the season I shall be there to witness.

Despite how grim it's been, I always consider it the best money I spend in a long year, where else would I see so many friends and acquaintances on the same night, drink some shyte stout, talk a load of ballix and occasional sense and generally enjoy a Friday night albeit sometimes spoiled by the rugby?

Too many of yousins have tunnel vision and can't see past a poor performance or eleven. You need to learn how to treat the twin imposters and I'm not talking about Dumb & Dumber. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

I didn't renew last year, haven't missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

My renewal was costing £500. I decided not to bother for next season. Instead I bought a rather nice laptop which will be more useful than 14 games at Ravenhill, watching about 11 of those with a second string team on the field and all of them without our best player. Besides I can watch those games on my brand new laptop.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

damianmcr wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Two decades since I stood on the prom. two years since I stood on the terrace, both look equally shyte from my seat behind the posts (adult end). For a few dollars more you can sit in relative comfort, not have to duck & weave at crucial moments if you are not a giant, best of all, you can pish, buy a pint and be back in yer sate all within 5 minutes. BR taste bids must be more receptive than mine, I can swallie the :stout: without too much discomfort, though of course, you can't "relish" it, just keeps yer guldering bax lubricated.
What happens if you end up beside some bellend the whole season?

Ive renewed for next season :banghead: Was so tempted not to.
I find these extremely useful
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.92 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Plus for Mem Stand...
Don't have to be there 45mins before kick-off to get my spot
Don't have to bob and weave to maintain my view
As far away from the brass section as possible
Don't have to stand for for around 2hrs (too many summers and a dodge L3/4)

Cons for Mem Stand...
Still not sure about watching from behind the posts
When No.1 Son is on Uni Hols, he'll be unable to sit beside me/buy me a pint
I'll be that Bellend
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:People have questioned my sanity for years, so I will almost certainly renew ....... maybe that answers the questions once and for all! >crazy1
In the renewal procedure, there is no sanity clause - don't tell the childer FFFS. That said, I don't know what the gurning is all about, I shall happily renew despite not knowing how much of the season I shall be there to witness.

Despite how grim it's been, I always consider it the best money I spend in a long year, where else would I see so many friends and acquaintances on the same night, drink some shyte stout, talk a load of ballix and occasional sense and generally enjoy a Friday night albeit sometimes spoiled by the rugby?

Too many of yousins have tunnel vision and can't see past a poor performance or eleven. You need to learn how to treat the twin imposters and I'm not talking about Dumb & Dumber. >EW

Guess if like you everyone was only committing £75 then there might be a lot less moaning and we'd all see the value for money...then again maybe not.

Sure the renewal of Season Tickets and as you call it gurning is traditional on every fans forum, perhaps we just start a little bit earlier here on UAFC >EW
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Book your ST now, you know you want to. Ah go on, ya will, ya will, ya will. Sure what else would you be doing on a Friday evening? No-one really believes that watching sport on a screen all on your own is anything like watching with your mates and a crowd of other eejits. You don't have to listen to a dimwit commentary (although you can bring your wee radio with you if you want of course). There's far too much 'bowing alone' these days.

Even if Ulster aren't very good, we can still have a good evening. I've been going to NI football matches for years. Losing is pretty normal but the wins are real highs and every match has new hope.

A couple of hours with your mates that SWMBO knows is sacrosanct can't be sniffed at either.

And yes, the mem stand is the place to be. Watching from high up and being able to see the play move from side to side is great. Ruan's long pass from this angle is a thing of real beauty.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Flat-top wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Guess if like you everyone was only committing £75 then there might be a lot less moaning and we'd all see the value for money...then again maybe not.

Sure the renewal of Season Tickets and as you call it gurning is traditional on every fans forum, perhaps we just start a little bit earlier here on UAFC >EW

Well remembered and ok, I do indeed receive a refund in recognition of my many years of misery as a usurer, albeit I suspect my meagre stipend is considerably less than a Shinner MLA would receive and if the money is an issue, fine but my real point is that the misery on the grass is only part of the evening. As Solids states, watching on a television with a disinterested partner or child is for freaks, norman no mates and lazy teetotalling ballixes.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Flat-top wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Well remembered and ok, I do indeed receive a refund in recognition of my many years of misery as a usurer, albeit I suspect my meagre stipend is considerably less than a Shinner MLA would receive and if the money is an issue, fine but my real point is that the misery on the grass is only part of the evening. As Solids states, watching on a television with a disinterested partner or child is for freaks, norman no mates and lazy teetotalling ballixes.
It is seeing your miserable mug and several others that keeps me coming back suppose that is actually what the colonel depends on now, Friday night out crowd rather than just supporters
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Teapots and kettles my friend. >EW :lol:
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I'd say the big cheese is more dependent on ST holding supporters as opposed to Friday night eventors.
Rock concerts, Jazz concerts, Folk concerts, even wendyball are all the better live rather than sat scratching yer plums as you slip lower and lower on the sofa watching tele and listening to Waistcoat Watson pretending he knows what's going on.
It's the gathering of mentalists, the tribal belonging, the inner beast which we rush to deny.
If we ever get to the stage where watching television is considered the best way to see sport, that's the day we should reject our programming, stop breeding and walk hand in hand into oblivion.
Feck it, I'm upgrading to the Mem Stand...I reckon it can't take one more ejit.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Tighter End wrote:I'd say the big cheese is more dependent on ST holding supporters as opposed to Friday night eventors.
Rock concerts, Jazz concerts, Folk concerts, even wendyball are all the better live rather than sat scratching yer plums as you slip lower and lower on the sofa watching tele and listening to Waistcoat Watson pretending he knows what's going on.
It's the gathering of mentalists, the tribal belonging, the inner beast which we rush to deny.
If we ever get to the stage where watching television is considered the best way to see sport, that's the day we should reject our programming, stop breeding and walk hand in hand into oblivion.
Feck it, I'm upgrading to the Mem Stand...I reckon it can't take one more ejit.
I really want to post an image here of the ape in 2001 at the monolith, where a new era starts. I've tried everything I can think of. Somebody tell me how to do it before I explode! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: