Season Ticket renewal

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Pimpmac
Initiate

Re: Season Ticket renewal

Post by Pimpmac »

Quick question folks. I have had a couple of season tickets for the East Terrace for many years now. In fact I've really only ever frequented that side of the ground. A friend has season tickets but he has always gone to the West Terace or the Prom of old. Now you can see where this is going!!

So battle lines are drawn and someone is going to have to give. Neither of us minds to be honest but I thought I'd ask the question to see if anyone has or does frequent both areas and which one would folks recommend.

To me the positives of the East Terrace are that I have always perceived that the view was better as it is taller and was certainly historically more banked, the West Terrace possibly doesn't seem to have the same atmosphere (but maybe it's different when you are there and on it), it's bigger so maybe a bit more space (especially given sometimes due to work etc I can end up arriving a bit later than I'd like to). Of course it is familiar to me and change is scary >EW

In regards to the West Terrace an advantage has to be that there is easier access to the bars - that may swing it lol :lol:

But seriously what does anyone think?? We have another friend joining us this year for the first time as a season ticket holder so we are keen to make the right choice...
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

New West terrace (as opposed to old Prom) actually had a better view than the East, although that seems to have been addressed this season (No idea how). Terrace is normally drier on a wet night. Prom has better access to the bars, but the beer is undrinkable, anyway.
Last edited by BR on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:New West terrace (as opposed to old Prom) actually had a better view, although that seems to have been addressed this season (No idea how). Terrace is normally drier on a wet night. Prom has better access to the bars, but the beer is undrinkable, anyway.
West Terrace has the issue of the tunnel and the dugouts

Best place for bars and entry/egress is west terrace acquinas end

Sneal up the back of the main stand and if you need a bakebook selfie on your way in/out you'll bump into a few players (provides you miss Pip)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Two decades since I stood on the prom. two years since I stood on the terrace, both look equally shyte from my seat behind the posts (adult end). For a few dollars more you can sit in relative comfort, not have to duck & weave at crucial moments if you are not a giant, best of all, you can pish, buy a pint and be back in yer sate all within 5 minutes. BR taste bids must be more receptive than mine, I can swallie the :stout: without too much discomfort, though of course, you can't "relish" it, just keeps yer guldering bax lubricated.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

There used to be more bellends on the Prom. Some of the comments I've read on here suggest that may still be the case.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:There used to be more bellends on the Prom. Some of the comments I've read on here suggest that may still be the case.
I reckon they're fairly well distributed now.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I've learned to ignore them, unless they take my spot when I nip to the bog or bar and that always ends amicably after I eyeball them and ask them politely to do one.
I recently had a moron turn around during a break in play and ask me if I knew the result of Arsenal game... and I must admit I simply stared at him for a few seconds without reply, as I couldn't comprehend the situation, but I recovered my composure and told him I had very little interest in soccer results(I'm paraphrasing here) and that concluded our exchange.
Baggy, you're known as something of a sage around these woods and as such I wanted to ask you about sitting behind the posts (either end). I was brought up (60's baby boomer) in the belief Rugby is a game of angles, which is why I've always thought it best observed from along the touch line, but you extol the virtues of behind the posts/end on viewing, so I'd be grateful for your thinking (and anyone else's) on the matter.
My Cub won't be with me next season, so the few extra levers wouldn't cost me a second thought as I don't have to pay for his ST and I'm sure UR would love me to upgrade my own ticket(already purchased).
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

From my vantage point behind the posts you can see the defences drift, the gaps created and the lines of running, Payne's last night was a thing of beauty, you also see the play as the players do, something I didn't experience when I was on the Prom,
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

scrum5 wrote:From my vantage point behind the posts you can see the defences drift, the gaps created and the lines of running, Payne's last night was a thing of beauty, you also see the play as the players do, something I didn't experience when I was on the Prom,
You are McGlock and I claim my prize :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Two decades since I stood on the prom. two years since I stood on the terrace, both look equally shyte from my seat behind the posts (adult end). For a few dollars more you can sit in relative comfort, not have to duck & weave at crucial moments if you are not a giant, best of all, you can pish, buy a pint and be back in yer sate all within 5 minutes. BR taste bids must be more receptive than mine, I can swallie the :stout: without too much discomfort, though of course, you can't "relish" it, just keeps yer guldering bax lubricated.
What happens if you end up beside some bellend the whole season?

Ive renewed for next season :banghead: Was so tempted not to.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

UR is a bit like a pile up on the M1. You know you shouldn't look but you always get drawn in. After last night seriously thinking of not renewing but probably will.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mid ulster maestro wrote:UR is a bit like a pile up on the M1. You know you shouldn't look but you always get drawn in. After last night seriously thinking of not renewing but probably will.
Thanks for your support mum. :roll:
What about solidarity with your oul pal? >EW
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I have renewed and am now questioning my sanity.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:I have renewed and am now questioning my sanity.
Et tu, Brute? >ES :(
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

People have questioned my sanity for years, so I will almost certainly renew ....... maybe that answers the questions once and for all! >crazy1
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right