UAFC V URSC Membership

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UAFC V URSC Membership

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:One trusts and hopes that Trevor Brennan is a member of neither.

For the record and LEST WE FORGET today is DAY 3778.
His son is playing for france though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

At least the twats in here are our twats...

Dr West.. how many tickets for matches have you been lucky enough to win?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WestDr wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:I note this site has 2790 registered members, how many does URSC have , can anyone help ? I have looked at the URSC website and it really is uninspiring and lacking a lot in content . My daughters dance class website is a lot better tbh.

I dont know much about the supporters club, can someone fill me in.

Polly
For £10 per year for URSC adult membership, amongst other things, I get the chance for decent seats for the Ireland home games.

For nothing on UAFC I get Russ. Baggy however is always worth a minute or two of my (not very expensive) time. And I know he wouldn't take up any Ireland tickets too..... (if he was an URSC member).

It's a pity that Adam McKendry now writes for the 42 Rugby rather than the previews and reports for UAFC, but then he probably now gets paid for it.... The other main benefit of this site - RoosterVision. (If everyone thanked him everyday, it wouldn't be enough - for those in the distant parts of the world, it's a godsend). And the mods.

If you're unhappy with the URSC website, why not (a) let them know via their contact email what you would like to see on it and/or (b) volunteer to add to the content yourself.

They're different horses for different courses. Join both and don't be exclusive !
Quite apart from your prescient comments on me and Ireland tickets, that's all about spot on. I have for several years been a URSC member though, for reasons I cannot understand, it slipped past me this year. The URSC membership is a £10 well spent in my view.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:At least the twats in here are our twats...

Dr West.. how many tickets for matches have you been lucky enough to win?
Can't speak for Westie, but the two lads who sit beside me I think have both won tickets/offer to buy tickets *** over the years. One pal got England tickets this year but couldn't go so swapped for French tickets.

*** I never win a damn thing in anything rugby or otherwise in draws so I'm not sure if there are tickets as out and out prizes or if you actually pay cash money for them.

Must feel a bit like travelling halfway around the world to support Saracenbastard players Cockers, don't know how you can bring yourself to support Farrell & Co or Filthy Liam, soon to be a sorrybastard. I mean I could tolerate most of the sheepworriers but Sarriescum? :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Wrt to the tickets question, you pick at an old scab. In the old days (2010-12) then URSC seemed to have access to almost unlimited tickets for Lansdowne (and Croke in the day) - you could ask for 6 and get them - and in excellent seats with fellow Ulsterpeople, which made for a great day out, whether in hope in the Castle Bellingham Burger King queue or sorrow.... Then, and (to join Baggy in the FIRFU movement) I get the distinct impression that this was discontinued by edict from D4 so as to build the 'Club IRFU' (or whatever it may be). Now it's only the 40 or so that URSC have hung out for. And I have no doubt that if the IRFU could cut out the Branches - and by extension the clubs - in favour of English stag parties and the Irish/UK financial corporates who seem to not watch club rugby but have access to unlimited tickets for the national games (grrr), then they gladly would. And then complain about how much the atmosphere has changed. That URSC still get these is good even though blokes from Bangor seem to get them all the time.....

But to answer the question, I've had none of late, but my fellow season-ticket holders in Ulster Rugby purgatory acquired 2x for the Ireland v France game this last 6N. So it does work, albeit like Baggy it's something I think I shall never win - I come up short even on the repechage opportunities. Mind you, there are raffles to take part in and not win - cf the Jack Kyle bursary. More than happy to buy all the tickets they send me, but perhaps a night in the Stormont Hotel on the Upper Newtownards Road is only for people from Strabane ? (I do take the UIster Fry view of Strabane - the best bit of Strabane is the cafe just before the bridge to Lifford.)

As for Baggy's point about SorryBastards, a very good friend (a 40+ year Saints season-ticket holder and his dad a lot more) noted, that despite close losses to Leicester and Wasps, that "they (Sarries) might be hateful, but boy, are they a good team - better than Leicester and Wasps". Liam Williams will fit right in there - good, but still hateful. What's not to look forward to but a Welsh Chris Ashton ?

Enjoy NZ. Stay off the Steinlager......
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You should post more often Westie :thumleft:

Just for clarity, both lads I sit with live a modest dander from Spanners rather than Bangor, though one has recently moved and doubled his distance, perhaps trebled.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Met some URSC on Saturday. Decent

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk