Big World of Rugby

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

volvo
Novice

Re: Big World of Rugby

Post by volvo »

See what we are missing FIRFU
Ruan Pienaar to take up coaching gig: The former Springbok back is set to be offered a coaching role at the Cheetahs. The 39-year-old could go straight into the head coach position, with current boss Hawies Fourie being lined up by Boland to fill their vacancy. “Ruan has so much knowledge of the game and experience, we would like to involve him, he will add a lot of value,” Cheetahs director of rugby Frans Steyn told Rapport.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Nuciwank brainfarts coming home to roost.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave he went back SA for family reasons so the brainfart might not have changed the present situation .

The big bF was of course made by the self-righteous not so innocent as those who were.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

No guarantee Ruan will be a good coach. Let's not tarnish his legacy
Exterminate all rational thought
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:54 pm No guarantee Ruan will be a good coach. Let's not tarnish his legacy
I tend to agree. Great players don't often make great coaches. What comes naturally to them doesn't come naturally to others and I guess that means they perhaps can't readily explain what they can't even explain to themselves. All the great managers I can think of were mediochre players.

Great players who have become great coaches? Johan Cruyff? Can't think of any in rubgy. Happy to learn from anyone who knows better.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:No guarantee Ruan will be a good coach. Let's not tarnish his legacy
Agreed. Stick with what we have.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:55 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:54 pm No guarantee Ruan will be a good coach. Let's not tarnish his legacy
I tend to agree. Great players don't often make great coaches. What comes naturally to them doesn't come naturally to others and I guess that means they perhaps can't readily explain what they can't even explain to themselves. All the great managers I can think of were mediochre players.

Great players who have become great coaches? Johan Cruyff? Can't think of any in rubgy. Happy to learn from anyone who knows better.
Andy Farrell was world class, albeit in a different code.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

solidarity wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:55 pm

Townsend and Galthie I suppose, but you're correct, Solids, a rare event TBF. Clough was an International who's career was cut short by injury, Ferguson similar I think. Dalgleish was a rarity.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Anyone care about Sunday given it's unlikely we will again have no representation?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Yeah it's still a Sunday. So lie in, roast dinner, afternoon walk, afternoon nap, Sunday sips, get a poke, jumpers for goalposts etc...
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:52 pm Yeah it's still a Sunday. So lie in, roast dinner, afternoon walk, afternoon nap, Sunday sips, get a poke, jumpers for goalposts etc...
Fair enough
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

This is why all rugby should be refereed by women: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeBqAYnD/ :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

From World Rugby, next season 6 nations teams will be mandated to accommodate potential kit clashes which impact colour blind viewers.
For instance this will be the last season that Ireland and Wales will play each other wearing their traditional colours.
The same rule will apply in the 2027 World Cup.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

volvo wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:15 pm Anybody see this?
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/i ... 3277&ei=77
Heard about that. It might help his game and I assume from Ulster's perspective it will take another player off the payroll.
Will we have 15 players next season at the rate players are leaving?