Parma - 30.9.2017

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Re: Parma - 30.9.2017

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Am tempted to get out early on Saturday and try out the Hotel Villa Ducale for a pint or two before the game. Its near the ground at one end of Via Del Popolo. Ponder and discuss.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Am tempted to get out early on Saturday and try out the Hotel Villa Ducale for a pint or two before the game. Its near the ground at one end of Via Del Popolo. Ponder and discuss.
Let's see how it goes Friday first
Where are we assembling?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Friday night activities may depend on the requirements or otherwise of my Airbnb hostess :) . Have only been to Parma once before and don't recall any particular establishments that overwhelmed me - so will probably just dander about looking for males/females girls in Ulster tops.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Friday night activities may depend on the requirements or otherwise of my Airbnb hostess :) . Have only been to Parma once before and don't recall any particular establishments that overwhelmed me - so will probably just dander about looking for males/females girls in Ulster tops.
You don't recall any establishments as you were too blocked to know where you were :roll:
I can assure you that you quite enjoyed some you were in but your attempts at chatting up a couple of young locals failed miserably due to inability to converse in either Italian or English.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

I'm a changed man sir. Been up late studying the lingo.

Come va? Parli piano, per favour. Mi puo aiutare? Dove la toilette?

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

A good group of supporters made their way to Parma to witness that dung. Too many players seemed to think they just had to turn up for a win. Missed tackles and losing ball in contact just not good enough. Many of the Pro14 teams will get 10points in Italy we were lucky to get 5 from our visits to Treviso & Parma.
Something has to change.
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

The fans were very supportive right to the end of a disappointing game and I , for one, was disheartened that players didn't have the good grace to come over to acknowledge our support. The team started heading towards the fans but only got as far as the 22 before turning and heading back to changing rooms.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

twiglet wrote:The fans were very supportive right to the end of a disappointing game and I , for one, was disheartened that players didn't have the good grace to come over to acknowledge our support. The team started heading towards the fans but only got as far as the 22 before turning and heading back to changing rooms.
Ah, shocking, poor didums, players ignored fans, call fatfûck Nolan and complain.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

I got the 15 bus to beside hotel villa ducale but no sign of any Ulster supporters there so made it to the ground for some prematch drinks and was given free ticket into the game by a friendly Zebre supporter. As usual during post match "celebrations" I gave me yella fleg to some local kid but got from someone a nice grey XL Zebre polo shirt which I don't think cost me anything and I managed to hang on to my Ulster top, scarf and cap. Good weekend. Finally back home and into bed at 3am this morning. Still made it down to Holywood station for the 7.57am train. Slainte

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

I'm sure you were a figure of complete sobriety and an absolutely outstanding ambassador for Ulster Rugby in Parma Michael ....

Hang on a minute .... maybe .... I am not so sure !!!