Pro14 17/18 rounds 14-17

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Pro14 17/18 rounds 14-17

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: You'll not find many bigger lies than that.
I suspect you would if you were willing to commit resources proportionate to Saville. I would go out on a limb and say that history is littered with them.
The lie I spoke of is the quality of British justice, an absolute whopper. A couple of hundred years back, grave robbing was not a crime, however, stealing a loaf of bread could have you deported, stealing a rabbit from a nobleman's estate could send you to the gallows.

The Arseo'crockery in action, just as they do today, they protected their property to an extraordinary extent and by the late 1700s there were well over 200 potential crimes punishable by the death penalty, many for crimes that we consider petty, hardly worth a judge's time today.

These were known as The Bloody Code, retrospectively. Grand larceny was punished by death and was defined as the theft of goods worth more than one shilling.

The average Lionel today, who as a "race" are brought up to respect those of wealth and power, should butcher the entire arseocrockery had they but a titter of wit, simply to even up the score.

British Justice, eh? Lionels eh?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I don't propose to address the sins of my fathers but I swear blind I saw Dominic Kirwan and his boy, Barry, presenting on Keep it Country TV (Sky Channel 389) last night!

Turns out that the other half, despite them both coming from Omagh an' all, isn't that keen.

Alternatives that evening appear to be Elvis Does the Jailhouse Rock at the Crumlin or the Stranglers and Therapy? at the Ulster Hall, where I addressed a large crowd myself on 21 October. See you at the front Baggy?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

justinr73 wrote:Elvis Does the Jailhouse Rock at the Crum ...
We'll get you a praper ejicatshun yet. Crumlin is a small town south of Aldergrove.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Elvis Does the Jailhouse Rock at the Crum ...
We'll get you a praper ejicatshun yet. Crumlin is a small town south of Aldergrove.
Aye he should have said "The Crum"
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Thanks for the tips chaps.

A room at the pub next to the ground in Llanelli has been duly reserved.

I'm sensing it could be an away trip to be endured, rather than enjoyed.

The 3 nights in a split-level apartment in Edinburgh in April should be more fun.

Fylde v Bishop's Stortford to look forward to this Saturday though. I was going to take my dad but he's recovering from a knee replacement, having sustained the original damage at Fylde's ground back in the early 1960s.