Wasps v Ulster

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Wasps v Ulster

Post by Dave »

Quality Liz
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Let me make this very clear.
The next person who talks about winning the big moments will find several KiloNewtons of moment up their asre as my boot swings towards them.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Liz Fraser wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
jean valjean wrote:Having been such a distant second best in their biggest game of the year, director of rugby Kiss rejected the notion that his side weren’t mentally prepared for the challenge.

“If we’re honest with ourselves, there wouldn’t be much we’d change with our prep,” he said. “The investment by the lads, and by the coaches, was exceptional. It was a joint effort that placed us in a position to do the job but we didn’t nail the big moments on a consistent basis. A bit of accuracy was lacking. We kept fighting for sure, but you can’t give a team like Wasps the opportunities that we did.

“We paid the price, unfortunately. What we did, and how we went about our business, are things that we’ll tap into. I don’t want to sweep the disappointment under the carpet, but we’ve got to move on. It is what it is, and we move on. We’ve [still] a chance to do something in the Pro14.”

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Jesus focking wept Image
His words sum it up
Investment, do a job, went about our business.
These are the words more associated with a city stock broker or a politian, not a rugby coach trying to inspire his side.
Actually Les has more in common with Theresa May than anyone rugby related.
Both have taken us out of Europe leading to depression.
Both fecked up over the Irish border.
Both their sides are opposed to labour.
Oh and they're both full of sh1te.
Lesxit.
Quality post Liz, lovin' it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Let me make this very clear.
The next person who talks about winning the big moments will find several KiloNewtons of moment up their asre as my boot swings towards them.
Fair warning, sounds righteous. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I take it we all know in our hearts that we will have to tolerate Kiss until the end of the season?

Here we sit, as much use as a beaten docket on last June's Derby, when your horse has also ran.We have a DOR as fit for purpose as a waterproof teabeg. A CEO as out of date as Windows 98. A forward pack as useful as a handbrake on a canoe and to cap it off, not the best backline in Europe ................by a distance.

Maybe it would be as well to chain up the gates and close down, it's really hard to see how we move up in the world from here but LOOK ............ there is no doubt at all that it can get worse, and substantially worse.

So late January, 7 months before the serious attempt at a decent season starts, what should we do, let's try multiple choice:

1) allow poor Les to see out the season and do the decent thing, I'm sure he'll keep the right players and be very helpful in recruitment.
2) waste the next 7 months with more of the same with the stated unachievable aim of winning the Pro14.
3) Gas Les NOW and give Jono a run at seeing exactly what he's got, who he wants to keep and get something together before next season. If he wants to be the head coach with a Dr Dave type of DOR fine, let him sort the team.