And today, joining the underground .....

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: And today, joining the underground .....

Post by fermain »

heart attack? @ 52 years young
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

F-ing helll!!

I literally just read a tweet from Shane Warne saying Rod Marsh had died then scrolled down to see he had sadly passed away.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:44 pm F-ing helll!!

I literally just read a tweet from Shane Warne saying Rod Marsh had died then scrolled down to see he had sadly passed away.
Too soon to mention the Ashes?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:03 pm Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky.
Twunt pity he didn't take wee dick Putin with him killed by a sniper >sniper
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:18 pm
Dave wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:44 pm F-ing helll!!

Too soon to mention the Ashes?
Australian cricket has taken a battering today Merv. I hope you are in fine fettle? We don't want to lose you too. :shock:

I wasn't much of a cricket buff until junior started playing, but I always had a soft spot for Rod Marsh - which is what a lot of pundits said he didn't have - not in his gloves anyway, when they nicknamed him iron gloves. Rod had the last laugh though as he became one of the finest wicket keepers to grace a cricket ground anywhere.

As for Warnie, he was hard to ignore, what with his glow in the dark teeth and magical hair that disappeared then came back again, but I will never get tired watching that "ball of the century" that dismissed Fatty Gatting with his first ball in test cricket on English soil. What a way to announce yersel to the Engerlanders! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:03 pm Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky.
His own men's fault I would reckon.

When near the front line, you only salute the officers you want rid of . >EW
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I think caught Marsh bowled Lillee is the record for the most dismissals by a bowler/wicket-keeper combo.

From what I've read, despite the various controversies, Warnie was also a "right sort?".
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:02 am I think caught Marsh bowled Lillee is the record for the most dismissals by a bowler/wicket-keeper combo.
If only Lillee had played for QPR too. Rodney Marsh was an entertainer on the footy pitch and scored plenty of goals but might have had even more if Lillee had been setting them up for him. :duck:

He was no Arnie Sidebottom though - footballer for Man Utd and cricketer for Yorkshire and England - and all that without a slit personality. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:14 am
big mervyn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:02 am I think caught Marsh bowled Lillee is the record for the most dismissals by a bowler/wicket-keeper combo.
If only Lillee had played for QPR too. Rodney Marsh was an entertainer on the footy pitch and scored plenty of goals but might have had even more if Lillee had been setting them up for him. :duck:

He was no Arnie Sidebottom though - footballer for Man Utd and cricketer for Yorkshire and England - and all that without a slit personality. :lol:
Careful skipper. You almost typed spit. Your life could have been completely ruined for that utterly heinous and disgusting word.🙄
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

StandUp wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:07 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:14 am

Careful skipper. You almost typed spit. Your life could have been completely ruined for that utterly heinous and disgusting word.🙄
Old Warnie got into bother with the auld sexting. Think he once sent wan to the missus that was meant for the fancy woman :lol:

Hasn't stopped him getting a state funeral though.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Didnt really see Rod Marsh play bar the odd highlights but always seemed like a top bloke. Was he the one who gave the bus driver the cash to bet on England at headingley in 1981 in the famous Botham test?

Shocking about Warnie. He made leg spin cool and loved watching him bowl, despite always supporting the opposition. Always though his cricketing intelligence was up there with the best.

RIP Rod Marsh and Shane Warne
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:26 pm Didnt really see Rod Marsh play bar the odd highlights but always seemed like a top bloke. Was he the one who gave the bus driver the cash to bet on England at headingley in 1981 in the famous Botham test?

Shocking about Warnie. He made leg spin cool and loved watching him bowl, despite always supporting the opposition. Always though his cricketing intelligence was up there with the best.

Marsh and Lillee (who else?! :lol: ).

£!0 at 500-1 if memory serves. They'd have been fools not to :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:38 pm
Bart S wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:26 pm Didnt really see Rod Marsh play bar the odd highlights but always seemed like a top bloke. Was he the one who gave the bus driver the cash to bet on England at headingley in 1981 in the famous Botham test?

Marsh and Lillee (who else?! :lol: ).

£!0 at 500-1 if memory serves. They'd have been fools not to :lol:
I'd imagine the 5k winnings were spent on beer!
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Major General Vitaly Gerasimov, whilst visiting Kharkiv.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh