Ireland 7s

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ireland 7s

Post by solidarity »

After a year's silence, sevens worth talking about again...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/66034903
Qualified for world cup by beating Ingerland.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Bobbievee wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:49 am My reservations about nationalism aside, I'll be supporting anybody BUT GB (

just so long as they keep sending the £10Bn every year, eh Merv?.............( and support NI sports during covid outbreaks etc etc)

:stir: :stir:
And paying for a state of the art stadium...over a year aul but worth a comment 😜
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exterminate all rational thought
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

solidarity wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:54 pm After a year's silence, sevens worth talking about again...
You mean, qualified for the Paris Olympics by beating Great Britain....

Watched some of it, was at the European Games in Krakow.

So both the Ireland Men's and Women's sides have qualified for Paris, GB Women also. GB Men have one more chance at the final qualifying tournament next year.
Last edited by Neill_M on Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

:scratch: Never get all the England bashing... Hypocritical Xenophobia. Given a team that supported Ireland during the troubles, supported a world cup bid and regularly shoot themselves in the foot in the Heiny etc.. what's not to like?
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote::scratch: Never get all the England bashing... Hypocritical Xenophobia. Given a team that supported Ireland during the troubles, supported a world cup bid and regularly shoot themselves in the foot in the Heiny etc.. what's not to like?
Yeah the English were very supportive during the troubles. They used to give out lead to civilians but got nothing but flak!! I remember one Sunday in particular. Ungrateful bastids.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:09 pm
solidarity wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:54 pm After a year's silence, sevens worth talking about again...
You mean, qualified for the Paris Olympics by beating Great Britain....
Exactly what I meant! Never been a details sort of bloke.

By the way, baiting the English is a great pastime, alongside baiting the French, Welsh, Scots, Americans, Australians, Mexicans (the Irish ones), Turnips (again, the Irish ones) etc, in fact anyone towards whom we occasionally feel just a wee bit of (shhh, don't mention it) envy.