Brive 2018/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Brive 2018/19

Post by Shan »

damianmcr wrote:Olding not in the 23 again
Maybe they have realised it is not fair to play a world class player in the second division. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Injured
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Brive beat Nevers tonight. Olding with the kick to win it.

Brive are currently top but sure theres still other fixtures to play.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

MOTM
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Brive beat 2nd placed Oyonnax to go four points clear at the top of D2 with a home game versus 3rd placed Bayonne to complete the regular season.

Rory Scholes from these shores played full back in the win versus Oyonnax.

Both promotion places to the Top 14 are determined by play-offs, with the winner of the Pro D2 play-offs earning promotion and the runner-up playing the second-from-bottom Top 14 team for the next season's final Top 14 place.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Great news, anyword on PJ and were he is going next year?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Jackie Brown wrote:Great news, anyword on PJ and were he is going next year?

Heavily linked to London Irish, I don't think it can be officially announced yet as Perpignan have to be officially relegated in order to activate the release clause in his current contract with them.

The Not Nots are putting together some squad for next season Sean O'Brien, Waisake Naholo, Adam Coleman, Nick Phipps and Curtis Rona either signed or due to sign.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

Heavily linked to London Irish, I don't think it can be officially announced yet as Perpignan have to be officially relegated in order to activate the release clause in his current contract with them.

The Not Nots are putting together some squad for next season Sean O'Brien, Waisake Naholo, Adam Coleman, Nick Phipps and Curtis Rona either signed or due to sign.
Perpignan officially relegated now. 16 points behind 13th with only 3 games left.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Brive beat 2nd placed Oyonnax to go four points clear at the top of D2 with a home game versus 3rd placed Bayonne to complete the regular season.

Both promotion places to the Top 14 are determined by play-offs, with the winner of the Pro D2 play-offs earning promotion and the runner-up playing the second-from-bottom Top 14 team for the next season's final Top 14 place.
Brive need max 1 point v Bayonne next week to get a home semi final and skip the “Quarter Final” round of the barrage. Final played at neutral venue (Pau this year) on Sun May 26. Loser of the final has home advantage v 13th in T14, currently Grenoble but may still be Agen.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Brive beat 2nd placed Oyonnax to go four points clear at the top of D2 with a home game versus 3rd placed Bayonne to complete the regular season.

Brive need max 1 point v Bayonne next week to get a home semi final and skip the “Quarter Final” round of the barrage. Final played at neutral venue (Pau this year) on Sun May 26. Loser of the final has home advantage v 13th in T14, currently Grenoble but may still be Agen.
What a ballix, having to go through all that after a full season and topping the league :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

What a ballix, having to go through all that after a full season and topping the league :roll:
All very French, after a 30 game season. It's all about the money these days.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Not sure. People are clearly still very offended by a benign private message he sent two years ago.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:

Not sure. People are clearly still very offended by a benign private message he sent two years ago.
London Irish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Pro D2 Barrage Semi Finals (UK Time):

Sat 5:30pm Oyonnax v Bayonne
Sun 1:15pm Brive v Vannes

Final is in Pau on Sun week at 1pm. Loser gets 2nd chance in a playoff v Grenoble (13th T14). Pro D2 side has home advantage.