Scarlets trilogy

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Scarlets trilogy

Post by Deraless »

They're still talking big anyway.

Only listened live and watched the scores since but will definitely watch that, so cheers.

Billy takes some stick but the move for the first try was a belter with Davies rocketing up. More than luck involved in that. Billy's pass to Addison was sublime and set the whole thing off putting Addison outside Davies. It could have gone so horribly wrong too. Go a try down and probably don't win that match.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:They're still talking big anyway.

Only listened live and watched the scores since but will definitely watch that, so cheers.

Billy takes some stick but the move for the first try was a belter with Davies rocketing up. More than luck involved in that. Billy's pass to Addison was sublime and set the whole thing off putting Addison outside Davies. It could have gone so horribly wrong too. Go a try down and probably don't win that match.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Totally agree. That pass was Jacksonesque.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

The line that Addison ran for his try put me in mind of the sort of lines Tommy Bowe used to run onto passes from Jacko.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

If things stay as they are then we're off to the Barnet Sarabastards for a quarter final.

Could ye imagine?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

solidarity wrote:
Tender wrote:So can we repeat the trick and bate the beg outta them next week?
When was it we beat Northampton away one week and lost to them at home the next?
Then again we've done the double before, haven't we?
We know this is an up and down season; we enjoy the ups while they last and the downs give us plenty of ammo for that most enjoyable of pastimes, gurning. :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
I gurned for real after that Northampton game. Mind you I had most of a bottle of Jim Beam and a few pints in the Thomas A Beckett beforehand. I spotted the Ginger Prince signing autographs for little kids after the game and went over to shake his hand. He looked at me like I was an escaped mental patient. Great days. >burp
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

thecrouch wrote:If things stay as they are then we're off to the Barnet Sarabastards for a quarter final.

Could ye imagine?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Scarlets travel to the Ospreys the week after next.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ok
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Listen youbig bunchapantiewettingbitches..one swallow doesn’t make a summer, but it can bring closure to a good night out.
So we showed a bit of Dog and squeezed a win on the road, but let’s not get carried away. It’s Monday morning. The start of the working week and UR have a long road to travel before we can afford ourselves such optimism. Three years if we’re lucky and we aren’t.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Crusoe wrote:
solidarity wrote:
Tender wrote:So can we repeat the trick and bate the beg outta them next week?
When was it we beat Northampton away one week and lost to them at home the next?
Then again we've done the double before, haven't we?
We know this is an up and down season; we enjoy the ups while they last and the downs give us plenty of ammo for that most enjoyable of pastimes, gurning. :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
I gurned for real after that Northampton game. Mind you I had most of a bottle of Jim Beam and a few pints in the Thomas A Beckett beforehand. I spotted the Ginger Prince signing autographs for little kids after the game and went over to shake his hand. He looked at me like I was an escaped mental patient. Great days. >burp
Ah the Thomas Beckett.....

Was it Hollywood Mike, on the fire escape with a snake?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Tender wrote:Listen youbig bunchapantiewettingbitches..one swallow doesn’t make a summer, but it can bring closure to a good night out.
So we showed a bit of Dog and squeezed a win on the road, but let’s not get carried away. It’s Monday morning. The start of the working week and UR have a long road to travel before we can afford ourselves such optimism. Three years if we’re lucky and we aren’t.
Tender I hear you friend and agree, however...... this is the first time in a very long time I've actually been buzzing after a game, does the heart the power of good.

It's Monday morning and I already cannot wait until Friday night. Haven't had this feeling about Ulster in a while.

Lets enjoy it, as you say there's a long road to get us to where we need to be and there'll be plenty of doom and gloom days. Let's let ourselves enjoy these mini victories.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote:Scarlets travel to the Ospreys the week after next.
Scarlets in last chance saloon now. Need 15 points from last 3 games. They have a busy festive derby schedule - Ospreys (A), Cardiff Blues (H) and Dragons (H). Interesting to see whether they prioritise the league games.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tender wrote:Listen youbig bunchapantiewettingbitches..one swallow doesn’t make a summer, but it can bring closure to a good night out.
As Tonto told the Lone ArRanger, speak for yourself white man. I've got the magic box working and am almost at halftime watching the game again.

Whilst I agree 100% about the long road, when we have more or less all the key guys available, we are competitive. However, yes, the pantie wetter should realise that we will win nothing because we will not have a strong team for most matches & the squad has huge gaps in experience and talent in places.

If one glances at the stats, we had only 30+% in both possession & territory, yet for my money, we were the better team barring the Scaaaaaaaaaaalets late pressure. In terms of taking our chances, it was most unUlster like, we were very good at it.

If we could field that pack, with a better second row than Tredders currently is, we would do ok, better than most if not up to the very best............ but of course its more than possible that it won't appear again as a unit past next week.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Tender I hear you friend and agree, however...... this is the first time in a very long time I've actually been buzzing after a game, does the heart the power of good.

It's Monday morning and I already cannot wait until Friday night. Haven't had this feeling about Ulster in a while.

Lets enjoy it, as you say there's a long road to get us to where we need to be and there'll be plenty of doom and gloom days. Let's let ourselves enjoy these mini victories.

My thought for the week is, how many of our absent friends will be similarly enthused and how that is reflected in the attendance. I'm sure that the Ravenhill beancounters will be thinking the same and thinking that another good win might haul some hundreds more into coming home to the games.

I both understand and despise the "stayaways" in equal measure. What happened at Ulster last season was a shocker, the treatment of the two young gentlemen, the exposing as an utter buffoon of a CEO of 8 years, the joke that was the twitching blethering arsefoon of a DOR, the duplicitous shameless snake of a man that is Jono Gibbes, the instruction to Eventsec's gilets jaunes to stifle and deny supporters their right to peaceful protest.

I sickened me to the core, yet I have my ST and would attend every game if I weren't 2200 kilometres from Ravenhill. The result could make a big difference in our season, it's wonderful how a bit of confidence helps the squad, A close second in importance will be the attendance, the cupboard isn't exactly bare, but the pound note coins are hoping for reinforcements to arrive before they are further depleted.

Watching the game again and bejayus but Hendy was immense.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Bagster, naturally I was excluding you from the ranks of us wage slaves. The working poor, the exploited plebes.
Seven years left and I will join the ranks of the Boomers living high on the hog and laughing at the working poor.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.