Munster v Leinster

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster v Leinster

Post by Neill_M »

Shan wrote:
Neill_M wrote: Sure, last week on twitter Welsh fans were creating a conspiracy that the IRFU decided who won the inter pros to benefit Irish sides. This week Glasgow fans were claiming similar as Munster beat Leinster........ImageImageImage
Welsh and Scottish rugby fans whinging eh. Well now that is a surprising turn of events.
ImageImage
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I think the Scottish fans should watch the match before crying fix -- it contained possibly the most dangerous 40 minutes minutes rugby I have witnessed this year . The danger was mostly unintentional being the product over commitment which also initiated a number of " hand -bags at dawn episodes "

This was the product of two things firstly the Munster "game approach" ,because its vagueness doesn't deserve the definition of plan , which was a good old fashioned " lets rattle the half-backs and anything that moves ' .

The second factor was a bad decision made by the wrong referee .

I'll explain -- in the second minute Sexton gets hit late-ish ( see above ) and reacts dramatically, as usual, to draw attention to the fact ,except by grabbing the tacklers scrum cap , he is accused of retaliation , and penalised for it--- By a" Munster" referee . -- Wrong message -- Leinster assume (H)impartial referee -- and Munster see a green light to their approach to the game.

Thereafter Munster hit anything that moves , flying at and into rucks and mauls.

The cards issue -- two Yellow and a Red against Leinster -- to be honest about the yellows I've seen Ulster players receive reds for less -- and the result of the offences were not intentional.

Healy's was "an arm on should tackle" on Murray ( therefore a following melee ) which looked bad because Murray was shifting -- the player who came out of the incident with a head injury was Healy -- because he clashed heads with a team mate at the time --- F--king Ironic or what !!!

Forlong's was a"Reckless" shoulder charge at a ruck --- it wasn't the first ---- it wasn't the last --- ( by either team) it was the one which caused injury.

Fardy was the one who got away -- with a stupid, needless, hand on shoulder tackle on the touch line--- which could also have been a yellow

Lowe was the unfortunate victim of the decision that any one who jumps for a ball does so with immunity -- Lowe was lucky not to be injured as Conway jumped into him knees head high -- but had the good sense to fall with impact rather than follow the direction of his run -- in my book Conway should also have been carded for recklessness . ( Its a long standing opinion of mine that a Running Jump is reckless )

Basically the first half prove that the Laws of the game and their implementation are in the hands of idiots --- players don't get head injuries by hands on shoulder tackles but head clashes --- Head to Head, -- Shoulder to Head -- Elbow to Head and --- Knee to Head --Head to Knee-- the latter two being due to bad tackle technique which only the tackler can control.

The first two being obviously avoidable by prohibiting reckless running into rucks and mauls at opposition players -- running to bind on to your own being perfectly acceptable and the most important words in that statement is --Bind unto your own team mate.

You don't stop injuries by sending a player off AFTER someone is injured -- you SHOULD send players off BEFORE A PLAYER IS INJURED -- the referee should have been penalised and/or carded a couple of players for flying into rucks long before the Forlong incident. ( It was just a matter of time -- who it could have been any number of forwards in that game )-- reduce the passion
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Very good analysis, Rum.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dublin4 wrote:Very good analysis, Rum.
Yes it was so good that I hear BT Sport are lining him up to replace Austin Healey.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

No citings beyond Mr Lowe from Saturday’s game. Thought Furlong may have been buying nice biscuits this week. Lowe will probably get 2-3 weeks.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Neill_M wrote:No citings beyond Mr Lowe from Saturday’s game. Thought Furlong may have been buying nice biscuits this week. Lowe will probably get 2-3 weeks.
Thought the Furlong incodent was a worse mistake by the ref than the Balacoune one.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

D4 --I'M NOT A LEINSTER supporter but happy to see an other Province placed in what is a common situation for Ulster during the Interpros that sense of we're playing X in front of their supporters with a Home town ref in charge or anti Ulster one.

Sexton was milking the situation and it was a tackle that was never worth 3 points -- the ref would have been better just talking to the players and going back to the whistled breakdown.. Sexton like O'Gara has this sense of I'm to good to be tackled attitude and over reacts if touched .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Even a Furlong/Sexton ban wouldn't be enough for us...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

We need a hard border

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Ar5ehole says it's ok to be an ar5ehole to an Irish team mate to show them you won't be displaced easily.

http://rugbylad.ie/brian-odriscoll-reca ... -connacht/

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

2 week ban for Lowe.

The Committee deemed the act warranted a low-end entry point of four weeks, which was reduced by 50 per cent due to the player’s clean disciplinary record and the conduct of the player and his club throughout the process. The Committee therefore banned the player for a period of two weeks meaning that he is free to play from midnight on Sunday, January 13, 2019.