Japan RWC

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Japan RWC

Post by rumncoke »

I said that in my opinion Ireland were refereed out of the match against Japan while Japan had the freedom of the ruck .

But in fairness Japan were well drilled and played a crowd pleasing game as Ireland floundered in predictability and ineptitude.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:17 am I said that in my opinion Ireland were refereed out of the match against Japan while Japan had the freedom of the ruck .

But in fairness Japan were well drilled and played a crowd pleasing game as Ireland floundered in predictability and ineptitude.
I thought the ref was also fairly generous to Japan yesterday. Any other team would have had a yellow.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I see Stander's missus has been having a pop at the media. If her auld fella had did a bit more talking on the field maybe she wouldn't have had to. Feckin nerve. Plastic saffer Paddies.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If not mistaken Mrs Stander was keen to stress that her hubby carried more yards made more tackles and did everything much better than everyone else..

Love reading some Irish press suggesting Janny had one bad game and that Hendo was effectively the worse forward and Stockdale the worse back.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:56 pm Frank the way the half backs have played what difference would Conway or Lamour have made .

All too slow all too predictable all badly executed

To be fair rum a lot.
Young people invigorate any squad.
Not just that but new people.
Larmour and Conway are amazing talents.
They should have been developed into the side by now.
The fact that Kearney and Earls are STILL there speaks volumes.
Cooney remains untried despite Murray's loss of form.

When you consider the likes of Brown Care Shields Teo and Hartley were cast aside by England despite never really letting them down is the difference between a side that evolves and a side that relies on the same old.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I won’t defend Kearney my point is changes on the wing are meaningless when they never get the ball .

Defensively Earls has always been a liability but is still one of the fastest players in an Irish jersey .

Where new faces are needed are the engine room back row and half back if those 5 players buckle any team will struggle .

Farrell has his work cut out
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

rumncoke wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:54 pm I won’t defend Kearney my point is changes on the wing are meaningless when they never get the ball .

Defensively Earls has always been a liability but is still one of the fastest players in an Irish jersey .

Where new faces are needed are the engine room back row and half back if those 5 players buckle any team will struggle .

Farrell has his work cut out
I really don't care
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 pm If not mistaken Mrs Stander was keen to stress that her hubby carried more yards made more tackles and did everything much better than everyone else..

Love reading some Irish press suggesting Janny had one bad game and that Hendo was effectively the worse forward and Stockdale the worse back.
I've fukkin had it with the plastics.The only Paddy that should be in an Oirish shirt is in Reading. Sorry Rob and Sean but Kleyn was the final straw. If yer not good enough to play for a 2nd rate Saffer or Aussie side feck off 'round yer own door. Lets start losing with a bit of dignity. Good riddance to Joe too. Rant over.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

... and Andy Farrell can fek off as well. I'd wager my house that English fukker voted Brexit.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 am ... and Andy Farrell can fek off as well. I'd wager my house that English fukker voted Brexit.
If he did it is the only thing I like about him..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Nigel Owens in charge of England v New Zealand and Jerome Garces in charge of Wales v South Africa. Peyper not considered after his ill-judged photo with the Welsh fans.
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

See Irish Times having a rant that Farrell has his work cut out and needs to be trawling junior GAA teams for new talent,also note they state quite openly that Ulster is the province not pulling their weight in supplying talent to national team!!!!! how many players had Connacht in that squad ?

As usual we are getting the blame for their downfall, by the way Stockdale only getting marked as a 4 in overall performance, might have been more if he had ever been given the ball!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:33 am Nigel Owens in charge of England v New Zealand and Jerome Garces in charge of Wales v South Africa. Peyper not considered after his ill-judged photo with the Welsh fans.
Does this mean Barnes will get the final if England are knocked out?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Jackie Brown wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:42 pm
Neill_M wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:33 am Nigel Owens in charge of England v New Zealand and Jerome Garces in charge of Wales v South Africa. Peyper not considered after his ill-judged photo with the Welsh fans.
Does this mean Barnes will get the final if England are knocked out?
A fair assumption.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

volvo wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:18 am See Irish Times having a rant that Farrell has his work cut out and needs to be trawling junior GAA teams for new talent,also note they state quite openly that Ulster is the province not pulling their weight in supplying talent to national team!!!!! how many players had Connacht in that squad ?

As usual we are getting the blame for their downfall, by the way Stockdale only getting marked as a 4 in overall performance, might have been more if he had ever been given the ball!
Article says that Ulster is not pulling its weight but no explanation why. Poor journalism.
It is disappointing that Stockdale and Hendereon are responsible for Ireland's poor results at RWC. If they had only brought Dave Kearney and Toner instead.
I see that Stander is one of the favourites to take over the captaincy. I don't think that his wife spouting off on Twitter will help his chances.