Six Nations 18/19

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations 18/19

Post by Jackie Brown »

Get Stockdale off! feck the IRFU I'm enjoying this, especially the collapse of Sexyton. You reap what you sow

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

How does Joe fix this in 6 months!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Would it hurt Larmour to pass the ball.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Schmidt has made the same mistake as EOS and Kidney. Staying with same players too long. 9, 10,15 for a start. Back row anonymous too.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Schmidt has made the same mistake as EOS and Kidney. Staying with same players too long. 9, 10,15 for a start. Back row anonymous too.
The backrow have been very poor at the breakdown in the entire 6N.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Apart from an early steal Tadgh Beirne was anonymous. IMO he is not a tight head lock. The overhead camera on 46 mins reveals he was struggling in the scrum. Great player though.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Absolutely woeful embarrassing stuff... Schmidt is looking like a busted flush tbh - the question posed by the England match, have Ireland hit a bump in the road or have the wheels properly come off, has been answered today.. anyone now saying that things are fine are in deep denial - and there is no excuse for it, the provinces are all performing, but with the exception of the France game - against another team in absolute disarray - we have gone backwards at a rate of knots.
..one more thing
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Schmidt has made the same mistake as EOS and Kidney. Staying with same players too long. 9, 10,15 for a start. Back row anonymous too.
Totally agree. The mental impact of having to carry / protect Sexton is starting to show in this Irish team.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

OldMan wrote:How does Joe fix this in 6 months!
He could walk now. He hasn't been able to maintain his aura since he announced he is leaving. The player's standards dropped ever since.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Columbo wrote:Absolutely woeful embarrassing stuff... Schmidt is looking like a busted flush tbh - the question posed by the England match, have Ireland hit a bump in the road or have the wheels properly come off, has been answered today.. anyone now saying that things are fine are in deep denial - and there is no excuse for it, the provinces are all performing, but with the exception of the France game - against another team in absolute disarray - we have gone backwards at a rate of knots.
Never mind the wheels there's a terminal crack in the chassis around 9 and 10
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ireland have no plan B
Put them under relentless pressure and they crack.
Sexton is fading fast! How long before Nucifuhrer looks toward bringing Paddy back?
Aki is, as I've always said, is limited and miles behind Henshaw as a 12. He's too slow to think and react under pressure.
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

Joe should have replaced half backs at 50 or 55 but he didn’t trust them. Would he have trusted wee Joey. Wales like England were in Ireland’s faces the whole game and Ireland couldn’t adapt. Don’t know when I’ve seen the Ireland back row as ineffectual ( though that maybe does the Welsh back row a disservice)
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Partying like it is 2007.

This was woeful. The whole 6n has been woeful. We beat three utterly hopeless teams unconvincingly and couldn't even compete against 2 decent enough teams. That wouldn't have been so bad if we were trying out alternatives in the untouchables positions. I don't think there's any positives from the whole championship.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: Aki is, as I've always said, is limited and miles behind Henshaw as a 12. He's too slow to think and react under pressure.
Correct. I always agreed with you about Aki.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

OldMan wrote:Joe should have replaced half backs at 50 or 55 but he didn’t trust them. Would he have trusted wee Joey. Wales like England were in Ireland’s faces the whole game and Ireland couldn’t adapt. Don’t know when I’ve seen the Ireland back row as ineffectual ( though that maybe does the Welsh back row a disservice)
Murray shouldn't have even been selected. 20 minutes in I was hoping he'd be replaced.

Carty looked handy enough in the few minutes he got. He deserved more.

Joe probably worried about temper tantrums.

Stringer / ROG - Murray / Sexton.