Eddie Jones and Sexton

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Fortyniner
Novice

Eddie Jones and Sexton

Post by Fortyniner »

Is Jones allegation that Sexton has batphone to the refs bearing fruit?
Discussion on Bbc at half time today suggested that all the hits on JS were legal, ........although not one of them was whilst he still had the ball. If it is becoming the norm that late heavy hits are ok, what chances for Carberry ....and our own Lowry.
Refs, linesman and TMOs all have a responsibility here.
And yes, Hogg was hit late as well. Ruining the game
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Eddie Jones and Sexton

Post by big mervyn »

The hit on Hogg was deliberately late. The others were fine in my book.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

The hit on Hogg was a yellow card and given what happened shortly after with Ireland then scoring it could have changed the whole perspective on the game....

The hits on Sexton where IMHO all legal
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Poor Hoggy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

If me auntie had ba....
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:Poor Hoggy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Would have made my day if he had done his ankle when he wellied the advertising hoarding :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Love a late hit!
What else are flankers for?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Nothing wrong with POM's tackle. Hogg should have avoided it if he didn't want to get hurt. On the otherhand the poor old advertising board didn't stand a chance against the cry baby. He's a decent player but he really is an awful whingy b1tch.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Shan wrote:Nothing wrong with POM's tackle. Hogg should have avoided it if he didn't want to get hurt. On the otherhand the poor old advertising board didn't stand a chance against the cry baby. He's a decent player but he really is an awful whingy b1tch.
He looks like the love child of Stan Laurel and Sandy Toksvig.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:Nothing wrong with POM's tackle. Hogg should have avoided it if he didn't want to get hurt. On the otherhand the poor old advertising board didn't stand a chance against the cry baby. He's a decent player but he really is an awful whingy b1tch.
He went sulking up the tunnel straight after. Needs a good schlap.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

There is a difference between the Tackle on Hogg and tackles put on an Outhalf .

A "HIT " on an out half is deliberate . It has the intention of putting the player off his game . Some are legal many are not because the player making the tackle has prior knowledge that the tackle is unnecessary. -- You know when you hit the player he will no longer have the ball -- the pass will have been made or the kick will have been made .

Hogg is a known runner with a ball and was running at pace with the ball if you set yourself to tackle such a player , it is extremely hard to avoid to make the tackle . It is like a torpedo once fired nothing will stop it . PoM when set to tackle Hogg wasn't aware he would kick, and the injury to Hogg was not the tackle it was the impact his shoulder on the pitch . Hogg is one of those players who can kick a ball while running close to full pace. I doubt if PoM when making the tackle intended to injury Hogg .

The same cannot be said of Hits made on an Outhalf.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Had a look at the Hogg incident again Hogg was running diagonally clearly going to kick and PoM appeared to attempt to charge down the kick. He then fell in front of Hogg who hit PoM's body who came down heavily about five feet away . It wasn't a tackle as such because PoM was falling in front of Hogg before any contact was made.Hogg failed to clear the body in front of him. Because it was an attempt at a charge down and not an "no arms tackle" the ref let play go on.
"
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist