Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Columbo
Squire

Re: Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by Columbo »

I didn’t think it would be a tanking - but the injury news after the weekend has made me go wobbly on our chances.. a couple of weeks ago I fancied us at +15 big-time, put my money where my mouth was - reckoned we’d go down there with a puncher’s chance, nobody giving us a hope etc, now if we avoid a battering I’ll be happy enough tbh..

For all the injuries in the centre, I actually think Ludik is the biggest miss - Lowry will be bombarded at FB and Jacob can be a bit flaky under the high ball / covering the backfield.

Sounds like they’ll be missing Henshaw as well, and possibly Cronin and Reid to concussion.
..one more thing
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

pip14 wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
pip14 wrote:4 - Treadwell
5 - O’Connor
6 - Henderson
7 - Murphy
8 - Coetzee

:stir:
Rewatching the game now, Reidy interviewed at half time, he stated he'd be fit for the game next Saturday if selected.

He will start.
Please, no Treadwell.
Actually thought Treadwell looked good when he came on last night. Never realised Reidy was back next week.

Although we don’t have much option Lowry at full back worries me next week. Kearney is going to be hitting up and unders all day long and Lowry won’t be able to compete in the air with him..
50:50 chance of Bobbo getting red carded for clotheslining one of our tricky midgets.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

big mervyn wrote:
pip14 wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
pip14 wrote:4 - Treadwell
5 - O’Connor
6 - Henderson
7 - Murphy
8 - Coetzee

:stir:
Rewatching the game now, Reidy interviewed at half time, he stated he'd be fit for the game next Saturday if selected.

He will start.
Please, no Treadwell.
Actually thought Treadwell looked good when he came on last night. Never realised Reidy was back next week.

Although we don’t have much option Lowry at full back worries me next week. Kearney is going to be hitting up and unders all day long and Lowry won’t be able to compete in the air with him..
50:50 chance of Bobbo getting red carded for clotheslining one of our tricky midgets.
If janny is kicking like he did in the six nation's Lowry will have plenty of time to field them. No doubt though he will be back on form.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

6 Ruddock
7 Leavy
8 Conan

vs

6 Reidy
7 Murphy
8 Coetzee
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

UlsterNo9 wrote:6 Ruddock
7 Leavy
8 Conan

vs

6 Reidy
7 Murphy
8 Coetzee
Leavy is the difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:6 Ruddock
7 Leavy
8 Conan

vs

6 Reidy
7 Murphy
8 Coetzee
It's genuinely competitive. It's certainly not the area of most concern.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

12 O'Loughlin
13 Ringrose

Vs

12 McCloskey
13 Marshall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:12 O'Loughlin
13 Ringrose

Vs

12 McCloskey
13 Marshall
I want to see McCloskey running down Janny's throat. If Luke starts he will have a tough evening against Ringrose. I hope Soper has cured Luke's cold hand problem. Any chance of Tomane playing 12?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:
13 Ringrose

Vs

12 McCloskey
13 Marshall
I want to see McCloskey running down Janny's throat. If Luke starts he will have a tough evening against Ringrose. I hope Soper has cured Luke's cold hand problem. Any chance of Tomane playing 12?
I would love them to play Tomane, he has looked a shadow of his former self, doubt we would be that lucky. Noel Reid could be the other option?

If we can gain parity in the back row, I feel we have the upper hand at 1st centre for crash ball which will tie up their back row who will want to protect Janny De Loop. We may just have the edge there.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:
13 Ringrose

Vs

12 McCloskey
13 Marshall
I would love them to play Tomane, he has looked a shadow of his former self, doubt we would be that lucky. Noel Reid could be the other option?

If we can gain parity in the back row, I feel we have the upper hand at 1st centre for crash ball which will tie up their back row who will want to protect Janny De Loop. We may just have the edge there.
Agreed, Tomane has been poor. Playing Reid would be great. I've seen McCloskey give him a torrid time on a few occasions. I think ROL will start.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:
13 Ringrose

Vs

12 McCloskey
13 Marshall

Our support of the ball Carrier will need to be spot on. Any gap between going to ground and the support arriving will face leavy clamped on like a limpet. Expect rory to hit a lot of rucks.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Clearing out was woeful against the Kings.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote:Our support of the ball Carrier will need to be spot on. Any gap between going to ground and the support arriving will face leavy clamped on like a limpet. Expect rory to hit a lot of rucks.

No disagreement there however playing devils advocate Marcel Coetzee has more turnovers than any Leinster player in the Pro 14 and European Cup this season with a combined total of 25.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:
13 Ringrose

Vs

12 McCloskey
13 Marshall

Agreed, Tomane has been poor. Playing Reid would be great. I've seen McCloskey give him a torrid time on a few occasions. I think ROL will start.
Reid has had an absolutely cracking season though - I actually think he and Ringrose would be a real handful for the Ulster centres in defence.. I’d absolutely love them to play Tomane - probably the worst ever NIQ signing!! He’ll not be in the 23 though, mores the pity. I’m hoping for ROL at 12 (no doubt he’ll now score a hat trick..)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

William

vs

Jonathon