PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

mea97mb
Squire

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by mea97mb »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:06 pm
mea97mb wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:32 pm
Neill_M wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:43 pm Being linked with Saracens as possible replacement for Owen Farrell once he goes to Racing 92.
Damn it, might have to start liking Sarries then as much as it would hurt me!
A step too far for me but good luck to him if he does go there.

Planet rugby going with "disgraced No 10"

Kunts.
Yes saw that, click bait title: https://www.planetrugby.com/news/disgra ... ce-tag-set
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

From the planetrugby item: 'While he was found not guilty in March 2018 and returned to rugby with Perpignan, he has proved to be an unpopular figure in Ireland and England, particularly during his more recent stint with London Irish.'

Anybody know where the second half of the sentence comes from? Is it fully accurate? Maybe we SUFTUMers are the only ones who don't hate him.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

solidarity wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:19 pm From the planetrugby item: 'While he was found not guilty in March 2018 and returned to rugby with Perpignan, he has proved to be an unpopular figure in Ireland and England, particularly during his more recent stint with London Irish.'

Anybody know where the second half of the sentence comes from? Is it fully accurate? Maybe we SUFTUMers are the only ones who don't hate him.
Followed the LI fans forum when they were still afloat and there was little noise and indeed seen as a key player. As said above, pure shytehousery clickbait
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
solidarity wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:19 pm From the planetrugby item: 'While he was found not guilty in March 2018 and returned to rugby with Perpignan, he has proved to be an unpopular figure in Ireland and England, particularly during his more recent stint with London Irish.'

Followed the LI fans forum when they were still afloat and there was little noise and indeed seen as a key player. As said above, pure shytehousery clickbait
Likewise the Perpignan forum destroyed some sea urchin who came on to spout some non factual bile about PJ. They didn't hold back.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
NoPayneNoGain
Novice

Post by NoPayneNoGain »

I wouldn't welcome him back.

I don't hate him, but I don't want him back. I don't know what happened that night and none of us can say that truth was/ wasn't achieved in that court case.

The club is in a tough financial situation (based on the public accounts). Anything that jeopardises the club's income needs to take seriously. The reality that we are about to change up sponsors and his presence was an issue for our sponsors in the past and it was for London Irish's main sponsor when he joined there can't be ignored.

Like it or not, he would negatively impact ticket sales. I can't imagine there are many fans not turning up to ravenhill because he was let go, but we do stand to lose fans if he comes back. We would more than likely see the return of protesters outside the stadium again too. None of which is the sort of thing sponsors want to be associated with.

Before there's a pile on, none of what I have said is personal at him or any of you for having a different opinion. I just think that saying he should come back home ignores all of the negatives that will come with the move.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Lyon sending the reserves to Saracens so Mr Jackson gets a rest this weekend.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

NoPayneNoGain wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:53 pm I wouldn't welcome him back.

I don't hate him, but I don't want him back. I don't know what happened that night and none of us can say that truth was/ wasn't achieved in that court case.

The club is in a tough financial situation (based on the public accounts). Anything that jeopardises the club's income needs to take seriously. The reality that we are about to change up sponsors and his presence was an issue for our sponsors in the past and it was for London Irish's main sponsor when he joined there can't be ignored.

The two mysteries of Ulster Rugby. Paddy Jackson and Rory McIlroy. Neither are saviours

Like it or not, he would negatively impact ticket sales. I can't imagine there are many fans not turning up to ravenhill because he was let go, but we do stand to lose fans if he comes back. We would more than likely see the return of protesters outside the stadium again too. None of which is the sort of thing sponsors want to be associated with.

Before there's a pile on, none of what I have said is personal at him or any of you for having a different opinion. I just think that saying he should come back home ignores all of the negatives that will come with the move.

Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Jetstream wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:45 pm
NoPayneNoGain wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:53 pm I wouldn't welcome him back.

The two mysteries of Ulster Rugby. Paddy Jackson and Rory McIlroy. Neither are saviours

The two mysteries of Ulster Rugby. Paddy Jackson and Rory McIlroy. Neither are saviours.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A waste of time posting all that because it will never happen. He's 32 so he's probably looking one more contract. He'll have a tidy little nest egg for himself. Retiring in his mid thirties. The haters will burst a blood vessel at that thought.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

No payne

The truth is the guy was innocent but the feminists of Ireland needed an object of hate to exploit the potential of the "MEE TOOO' movement

I do not wish to belittle the crime of rape but very frequently regret turns to revenge . And hell has no fury like a woman scorned .

Basically the case came down to do you believe an accuser whose story changes or a witness whose every action supports her version of what she saw .

The messages between the boys was the only evidence the Prosecutor had to hide to weakness of the case against the accused and he played his ace card early.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

I have been to Ravenhill three times since he was let go.

I had a Season Ticket for over a decade before that.

Would be interesting to see what happened to the users on this forum after the way he was treated. Seems to me a lot of the diehard support faded away. Ulster Branch are more interested in the instagrammers these days.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

TheBoat wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:29 pm I have been to Ravenhill three times since he was let go.

Would be interesting to see what happened to the users on this forum after the way he was treated. Seems to me a lot of the diehard support faded away. Ulster Branch are more interested in the instagrammers these days.

Correct. 99% of the "me too boycotters" had never set foot in the place in the first place. The subsequent drop off in support and attendance was not because of what they did but because of the way they were treated.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Dave wrote:A waste of time posting all that because it will never happen. He's 32 so he's probably looking one more contract. He'll have a tidy little nest egg for himself. Retiring in his mid thirties. The haters will burst a blood vessel at that thought.
Whatever else about his various moves since he left, they have been very financially rewarding… even the Perpignan gig paid well, but he was on big money at LI, and even bigger money at Lyon. From what I heard earlier in the season he’s absolutely loving it there - good squad of blokes, he’s playing well, fans like him, the food and lifestyle is great, and he’s earning loads of wedge… there’s no chance of him coming back - Ulster don’t have the balls, they couldn’t afford him anyway, and I don’t imagine he’d be keen taking a big pay cut with no international prospects to offset it.

I had to laugh when Connacht went to Lyon, seeing some Con fan on Twitter giving it all ‘oh I hope one of our lads absolutely takes out you know who’ as if Irish players for some reason hate Paddy Image I don’t want to burst his bubble, but if only he knew PJ remains popular and well-liked by the entire cohort of Irish players he played with.
..one more thing
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Columbo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:14 pm
Dave wrote:A waste of time posting all that because it will never happen. He's 32 so he's probably looking one more contract. He'll have a tidy little nest egg for himself. Retiring in his mid thirties. The haters will burst a blood vessel at that thought.
Whatever else about his various moves since he left, they have been very financially rewarding… even the Perpignan gig paid well, but he was on big money at LI, and even bigger money at Lyon. From what I heard earlier in the season he’s absolutely loving it there - good squad of blokes, he’s playing well, fans like him, the food and lifestyle is great, and he’s earning loads of wedge… there’s no chance of him coming back - Ulster don’t have the balls, they couldn’t afford him anyway, and I don’t imagine he’d be keen taking a big pay cut with no international prospects to offset it.

I had to laugh when Connacht went to Lyon, seeing some Con fan on Twitter giving it all ‘oh I hope one of our lads absolutely takes out you know who’ as if Irish players for some reason hate Paddy Image I don’t want to burst his bubble, but if only he knew PJ remains popular and well-liked by the entire cohort of Irish players he played with.
That' s pathetic and hypocritical of the Connacht fan on Twitter. Has he ever thougth of ex Connacht player, Mils Muliaina who was up on a sexual assault case? Pot, kettle.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:40 pm
TheBoat wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:29 pm I have been to Ravenhill three times since he was let go.

Correct. 99% of the "me too boycotters" had never set foot in the place in the first place. The subsequent drop off in support and attendance was not because of what they did but because of the way they were treated.
Agreed. I never renewed my ST after it. I pick and choose ( mostly away ) games to watch. UR and IRFU don't deserve my money- why should I sponsor their Hypocrisy and undermining of justice?
Exterminate all rational thought