PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Hawkeye
Novice

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Hawkeye »

volvo wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:33 pm https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-23871908
There you go Hawkeye probably not perfect but is the site link
Thanks Volvo.
Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

solidarity wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:23 pm Really interesting article. We all assume there's no way back to an Irish cap for Paddy. Is there any imaginative thinking out there for how it might, just might happen?
Only slim chance of it happening if IRFU were embarrassed into it if certain things fell in to place -
* LI won the Challenge cup with PJ scoring the winning try or kicking the winning points
* The mainstream ‘English’ pundits genuinely sing his praises and question why he is not back in a green jersey
* IRFU took note of and learnt how LI weathered the storm to their ultimate benefit

All very unlikely. More importantly, would Paddy want to.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Hawkeye wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:50 pm
solidarity wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:23 pm Really interesting article. We all assume there's no way back to an Irish cap for Paddy. Is there any imaginative thinking out there for how it might, just might happen?
Only slim chance of it happening if IRFU were embarrassed into it if certain things fell in to place -
* LI won the Challenge cup with PJ scoring the winning try or kicking the winning points
* The mainstream ‘English’ pundits genuinely sing his praises and question why he is not back in a green jersey
* IRFU took note of and learnt how LI weathered the storm to their ultimate benefit

All very unlikely. More importantly, would Paddy want to.
*Paddy finishes as leading points scorer in the Prem.

Would Paddy want to?

Probably would be interested in an international future, especially in a world cup. Interested in a return to Ulster? Not in a dozen lifetimes.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:Really interesting article. We all assume there's no way back to an Irish cap for Paddy. Is there any imaginative thinking out there for how it might, just might happen?
No. None. Let them fcuk up another world cup.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

How many games do Ireland play in New Zealand

How many will Sexton complete ?
and will Carberry last a game ?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The irfu have invested so much in project joey they will never admit he is a major step down from paddy. The immediate hysterics if paddy was ever to be considered again would also have the suits running for cover. I'd hope he would also tell them where to go.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

rumncoke wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:30 pm How many games do Ireland play in New Zealand

How many will Sexton complete ?
and will Carberry last a game ?
Scheduled for 3 tests, with 2 additional midweek games rumoured v Maori/Super Rugby side but not confirmed yet.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I suspect Paddy has now realised there is more to life than playing for the spineless kunts who hung him out to dry.
He’s obviously loving his rugby again, does he really need the massive pain in the balls that would undoubtedly come with a return to that green jersey?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The Belfast live article states signing Paddy cost Li their sponsor and some supporters

Question what was the average attendance before signing paddy and what is the average attendance now?

If higher now then signing paddy has resulted in an increase and not a decrease as implied .

As for those who claimed to have deserted Li did they ever attend most of those who were most vocal had little or nothing to do with rugby but more interested in making political capital and self promotion .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:10 pm The Belfast live article states signing Paddy cost Li their sponsor and some supporters

Question what was the average attendance before signing paddy and what is the average attendance now?

If higher now then signing paddy has resulted in an increase and not a decrease as implied .

As for those who claimed to have deserted Li did they ever attend most of those who were most vocal had little or nothing to do with rugby but more interested in making political capital and self promotion .
Belfast Live is dung journalism. They make the Beltel look like the quality press. I sometimes wonder if their journos have been anywhere near Belfast?

I suspect that LI are more marketable now than when PJ signed.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Undoubtedly LI are on the up and Paddy is a key part of that. I very much doubt that they've lost support or sponsorship. Unquestionably any sponsors who have gone will be replaced by others eager to jump on the bandwagon.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

What a try!!!
Pity paddy couldn't convert.

Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

But if a blip in the fairy tale but a very difficult touchline conversion.
But

Golden boot still on!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Paddy getting away with one there!

Yes, we've heard that before.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Paddy puts LI into the lead. 19-18.