AIL 2019/2020

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

AIL 2019/2020

Post by Rooster »

New sponsor being announced today
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: AIL 2019/2020

Post by solidarity »

Could be a new era in sponsoring for Diageo now that they've got some spare cash? :roll:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Energia is the sponsor for the next 5 years and before someone asks yes they do operate in NI
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Any publication on how much the deal is worth?

I remember talk of sponsors bank rolling AIL teams to the tune of 50k - 100k per year back in the 90's. Would the league and all clubs combined come close to that now?

I understand Donnelly Group are very supportive of Armagh Rooster?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I've caught a couple of "Energia AIL" games, has made grim watching for the most part - I watched Hinch get beaten at home by Terenure and UCD (in fairness two reasonably close games, which Hinch just couldn't quite get on top and squeeze out a victory), however much better on Saturday when they walloped Lansdowne 43-5. The good thing was that they didn't have a load of contracted guys playing, so hopefully they'll have enough about them to kick on. Couple of interesting signings - Sean O'Hagan is with them, good player at this level. And on Saturday I was very impressed by Tom Stewart at hooker, looks like a great prospect. Aaron Hall came on as a sub - nice to see him back, he's been injured for a long while hasn't he? Made one great break half the length of the pitch.

The one Malone game I went to this season was a battering at home to Shannon - in fairness this was the day before the Celtic Cup final, so they didn't have any of their Ulster A players. But not much craic to watch. (Almost went there on Saturday, was glad I decided to go to Hinch after all!)

Tables don't tell a great story right now for the Ulster sides, Hinch in a scrap at the bottom of 1A, Armagh, Banbridge & Malone stuck mid-table in 1B and QUB and Ballymena likewise in 2A - early days still but no signs of big promotion pushes..
..one more thing
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

I managed to get to the last home game v Lansdowne. Resounding win and in terrible conditions. Two stand out players for me. Tom Stewart, was outstanding. Should light up the 20's this year and be a senior player within the next two years. The other was Sean O'Hagan, he scored 18 points v Lansdowne and is way above this level. I remember him playing a few B&I cup games for us a few years ago and he was a real talent with ball in hand, his kicking stats are also right up there. Not sure how McGlocks got him back here, but a real coup.

I then understand that DmcF throws Bill Johnson their way as he needs to give him gametime and he starts v Trinity (with Balacoune) in a close win on Saturday. I assume that it is compulsory to play released Ulster players? Seems very tough on the lads who are playing and training with Hinch to get stood down when the pro's are drafted in. Definitely tough if you play like O'Hagan did v Lansdowne and get stood down for Johnson the following week.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What position does Tom Stewart play?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

Omagh lads going well in 2 C sitting 3rd >appl
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

What do the band play there?

Hit the Diff?
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Jackie Brown wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:01 pm What position does Tom Stewart play?

Tom is a Hooker...... really like the way he performs. Hope that this years Irish 20's gives him a platform to push on.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Tom Stewart looks like a cracking player - great athlete, he looks quite slender, but very strong, definitely one to watch..
..one more thing