18%
I don't care either way
31%

Total votes: 39

Frank
Novice

Who cares about the Irish rugby team?

Post by Frank »

Does anyone on here still support Ireland ?
It's a shame I can't now as I can't support a set up that were either complicit or completely passive in the wrong doing towards our lads.
I thought I was ambivalent until I saw them being obliterated by England and I realised I actually enjoyed it!
Possibly the most unthinkable scenios I would have ever envisaged a few years ago.

I have no idea if I will or can look past this to support them again which saddens me.
Possibly for another generation.

Quite possible there has been another poll on this but I've had a time out so humour me please!
Last edited by Frank on Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who cares about the Irish rugby team?

Post by Shan »

I support the team. I don't and never have supported the inner sanctum of the IRFU.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Still support the boys in green even when they are playing crap....Ulster Rugby before them though.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

What Shan said.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I'm with Shan as well. Rory, Hendo, Stockcube - World Cup winners sounds good to me... we can dream can't we.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Hey Frankie Baby, who loves ya? I liked you just as much before your most recent sex change, but hey, any old port in a storm.

Anyway, about the only topic to bring me back here is the FIRFUCs. Just so nobody gets the wrong idea, I will never ever in my long-legged life forgive those horrible Warren Gatland and the vile Australian and complicit Kiwi for what they did to Ruan, Paddy, and Wee Stu. I suppose when on people from the antipodes, that Gibbesbastard is still the two Warren Gatland, Logan continues to be a snatterbox.

I could never support the fu@king Lionels against any team in world rugby, but that utter humiliation for the Paddybastards did not cause me a single moment of distress, neither could it possibly bring pleasure. No offence Lionel. >EW

I am greatly amused by the lack of a back up 10 of any substance and hope Paddy is enjoying it as much as I am. Slap it right up the utterbastards, I hope Sexton breaks/stays broken, Wee Joey likewise. The thought of Byrne is just too much not to chuckle at, good club player as he is.

Quarter-final and home, as usual, will not disappoint me. I hate the parsimonious Scots too, but I may opt for a skirt and begpipes in the RWC

Right, I've said too much already....................... eh, goodbye. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

None taken.

I hope you’ve summered well old boy.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

BT not to sure to whatJoe 's part in the exiling was--to me the biggest failure was the Gutless Self-righteous Asshole who should have realised given the social media storm during the trial realised that a quick decision by Ulster was necessary to avoid meltdown -- the longer they delayed to greater the momentum the fishwives achieved .

They failed miserable to expose and utilised the" foul mouth" texts of the claimant .. The C word didn't appear in any text messages of the boys , neither did the word stars or the admission of hating members of the opposite sex. And it is noticeable that those texts are only included in reports of made on the 15th of feb 2018 . every summary of the text messages issued thereafter excludes her most damning words.

Judge Judy always says if you tell me one lie your case is dismissed -- the truth does not need to be substantiated by a lie.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:39 pm Hey Frankie Baby, who loves ya? I liked you just as much before your most recent sex change, but hey, any old port in a storm.

Anyway, about the only topic to bring me back here is the FIRFUCs. Just so nobody gets the wrong idea, I will never ever in my long-legged life forgive those horrible Warren Gatland and the vile Australian and complicit Kiwi for what they did to Ruan, Paddy, and Wee Stu. I suppose when on people from the antipodes, that Gibbesbastard is still the two Warren Gatland, Logan continues to be a snatterbox.

I could never support the fu@king Lionels against any team in world rugby, but that utter humiliation for the Paddybastards did not cause me a single moment of distress, neither could it possibly bring pleasure. No offence Lionel. >EW

I am greatly amused by the lack of a back up 10 of any substance and hope Paddy is enjoying it as much as I am. Slap it right up the utterbastards, I hope Sexton breaks/stays broken, Wee Joey likewise. The thought of Byrne is just too much not to chuckle at, good club player as he is.

Quarter-final and home, as usual, will not disappoint me. I hate the parsimonious Scots too, but I may opt for a skirt and begpipes in the RWC

Right, I've said too much already....................... eh, goodbye. :lol:
Baggy how are you?
For the record I have been diagnosed with body identity integrity disorder just to be a fashion setter.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

What has Schmidt or any of the Irish players - any of the Irish players - got to do with what happened to PJ and SO?
Why do they deserve to be condemned for the ending of those players' contracts?

My understanding is that the professional players from all provinces had great sympathy for their colleagues but were put down by their employer. I am at a loss to understand why they should be punished at the RWC over this. Time to support the Ireland team.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

True D4 but the action by the shower of ----s means that the situation is as Shan states -- nobody is blaming the players but there is the a sense of semi joy that their actions are now coming home to roost -- nearly spelt that with an A.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Im not having this players arent to blame crapola.
Not one of them said a word or have shown any support for the lads before or since since Rory Best melted after his appearance in court.
No one has had the guts to even mention them by name.
That is not a side worthy of my support when they cant support their own.and until that changes I won't.
They genuinely sicken me as human beings but that's me and that's not how I expect people to act.
Those who want to support Ireland, no problem but I fear anguish awaits you.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Frank, I have no doubt they will have been told by their employers to keep their mouths shut or face sanctions.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

shamalicious wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:06 pm Frank, I have no doubt they will have been told by their employers to keep their mouths shut or face sanctions.
Employers have been threatening employees like that for generations. That's why we have unions.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing ... (Ironically, the bloke who said that was from D4.)
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:36 am
shamalicious wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:06 pm Frank, I have no doubt they will have been told by their employers to keep their mouths shut or face sanctions.
Employers have been threatening employees like that for generations. That's why we have unions.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing ... (Ironically, the bloke who said that was from D4.)
"See how much we can change the world while we look the other way" -Slade the Leveller