51%
I want them to lose
18%
I don't care either way
31%

Total votes: 39

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Who cares about the Irish rugby team?

Post by big mervyn »

Frank wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am
big mervyn wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:36 am
shamalicious wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:06 pm Frank, I have no doubt they will have been told by their employers to keep their mouths shut or face sanctions.
Employers have been threatening employees like that for generations. That's why we have unions.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing ... (Ironically, the bloke who said that was from D4.)
"See how much we can change the world while we look the other way" -Slade the Leveller
Saw him perform with NMA at the SLF gig at CHSQ on Sat. Pick of the nigjt for me :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Frank i doubt if the employers had to tell them to keep their mouths shut given the reaction to Paddy's threat of court action and the media sh-t heaped on him.

If they put their heads above the trench -- they would become the social media target of the week.

Which is why I hope and prey the judge in Dublin comes down on the dragons like three tons of cow dung when Paddy's dad's case is finalised.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:48 am
Frank wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am
big mervyn wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:36 am
shamalicious wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:06 pm Frank, I have no doubt they will have been told by their employers to keep their mouths shut or face sanctions.
Employers have been threatening employees like that for generations. That's why we have unions.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing ... (Ironically, the bloke who said that was from D4.)
"See how much we can change the world while we look the other way" -Slade the Leveller
Saw him perform with NMA at the SLF gig at CHSQ on Sat. Pick of the nigjt for me :thumleft:
Very jealous Merv.
You'd be surprised Rum
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Joe's methods are not fit for purpose anymore. He's been found out. Other sides have him figured out tactically and he has no answers. His selections are questionable too. He cannot always expect Stockdale to win things for him.
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

rumncoke wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:33 am Frank i doubt if the employers had to tell them to keep their mouths shut given the reaction to Paddy's threat of court action and the media sh-t heaped on him.

If they put their heads above the trench -- they would become the social media target of the week.

Which is why I hope and prey the judge in Dublin comes down on the dragons like three tons of cow dung when Paddy's dad's case is finalised.
I'd imagine the players own individual sponsors (like Adidas, various car companies, Aldi/Lidl, Spar etc) were telling them to stay well out of it. IRUPA (the players union) stayed out of it, presumably because they represent women's rugby as well and have a lot of women support officers and they are now involved in delivering behavioural/consent courses to the pro players. Simon Keogh (IRUPA CEO) I think may have attended some of the trial but didn't comment on it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I don't need behavioural/consent classes in my job. Sounds like empty platitudes and tom kite to me.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

TMHG wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:04 pm
rumncoke wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:33 am Frank i doubt if the employers had to tell them to keep their mouths shut given the reaction to Paddy's threat of court action and the media sh-t heaped on him.

I'd imagine the players own individual sponsors (like Adidas, various car companies, Aldi/Lidl, Spar etc) were telling them to stay well out of it. IRUPA (the players union) stayed out of it, presumably because they represent women's rugby as well and have a lot of women support officers and they are now involved in delivering behavioural/consent courses to the pro players. Simon Keogh (IRUPA CEO) I think may have attended some of the trial but didn't comment on it.
How many weemin do they represent? Not that it should be relevant. Found unanimously innocent and subsequently disgracefully treated by their employer. The Union should have been jumping up and down.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:11 pm I don't need behavioural/consent classes in my job. Sounds like empty platitudes and tom kite to me.
Funny enough, a programme that has been run as a pilot scheme is now being rolled out in secondary schools (Transition Year subject).
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 46381.html
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:41 pm
TMHG wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:04 pm

How many weemin do they represent? Not that it should be relevant. Found unanimously innocent and subsequently disgracefully treated by their employer. The Union should have been jumping up and down.
Well, the Union was not jumping up and down. Here is a link to the Union. The board is chaired by a woman and there are two women on the board representing women's 15s and 7s. Interesting to see that Greg O'Shea, the 7s player from Limerick that won Love Island is on the Board.

https://www.rugbyplayersireland.ie/about/
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The problem with a sexual relationship is that it is incremental and frequently wordless and follows a few glasses of best "knickerdropper"if to much is taken it becomes "willieflopper"
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The IRFU should just sign up Rum to give classes on consent. What could possibly go wrong.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Rum, you seriously have an unhealthy obsession with this topic.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Its a bit like security at airports -- in some respects it totally useless -- anything is a weapon if you have been trained to use.

Most men are non violent 99% of the time but nearly everyone has the potential to be if the circumstances are wrong and what those circumstances are is anybody's guess .

Consent -- boy goes to collect girl at the door -- is his first question "are we shagging to-night?" --Life isn't like that --

It's not about consent -- "its self control"-- reading the situation --and walking away in time.

Sitting in a bar --and recognising its --the wrong bar -- that comes with experience -- self control comes first.

Its the wrong lesson .

A bit like high tackling -- the people being injured are tacklers not the tackled but its the tackler who is being penalised -- when frequently it is the ball carrier who is the guilty party -- running at his opponent with no intention to hand off or handoff illegally-- stiff-arm , elbow shoulder, or knee
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Rum are you Ian Holloway?
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Classes on consent?

Rotheram is in dire need there, as are many English towns.

Oxford

Newcastle

Halifax

it's along old list
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.