English Premiership 2019/20

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: English Premiership 2019/20

Post by Neill_M »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:32 pm Well Johnny signed off with a good performance with Tigers, no-one seems to know why he's left, perhaps thought he might end up behind Ford and Burns, pity the fans seem to have taken to him, he looked a good prospect for the 10 shirt when Ford was away.
However we ended up with a win at Wasps and qualify for the Champions Cup, so something to look forward to next season.
If they keep same format as this season for Heineken Cup, 50/50 chance of Ulster drawing Tigers again😂
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

That was a feck match.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

That was an incredible match.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

It was indeed......... and ironically compared to the French penalty dominated final in the rain...........who could have imagined it.
Anyone who could transport this English passion, intensity and skill into the national side would clean up at world cup level........And I know that some Safferd are involved, but not many.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Smith will presumably get a chance over the summer.

It could prove hard to leave him out thereafter.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Premiership ringfencing brought in until 2023/24 season.

Winner of 2021/22 Championship will get promoted (ground dependent). In 2022/23 season- no side will be relegated from or promoted to the new 14-team Premiership. A play-off in the 2023/24 season between the club finishing bottom of the Premiership and the winner of the Championship.

Ealing favourites to be promoted in 2021/22 - would need to find a ground to play in if they got up - based in West London, plenty of football stadia available surely?

Via @chrisjonespress on twitter.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:35 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:32 pm Well Johnny signed off with a good performance with Tigers, no-one seems to know why he's left, perhaps thought he might end up behind Ford and Burns, pity the fans seem to have taken to him, he looked a good prospect for the 10 shirt when Ford was away.
However we ended up with a win at Wasps and qualify for the Champions Cup, so something to look forward to next season.
If they keep same format as this season for Heineken Cup, 50/50 chance of Ulster drawing Tigers again😂
Seems it could happen then, taken from your pals on the Munster forum............................ :stir:
Leicester as Tier 3 side will face Tier 2 sides Ulster/Connacht from URC and Bordeaux/Racing 92 from T14.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:13 pm
Neill_M wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:35 pm
Seems it could happen then, taken from your pals on the Munster forum............................ :stir:
Leicester as Tier 3 side will face Tier 2 sides Ulster/Connacht from URC and Bordeaux/Racing 92 from T14.
I get around >EW
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Leicester Tigers announce Ellis Genge as their new team captain, with Hanro Liebenberg as his deputy, I do like an abrasive forward as captain, some gossip it might be part of an England masterplan, poacher turned gamekeeper.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

tigerburnie wrote:Leicester Tigers announce Ellis Genge as their new team captain, with Hanro Liebenberg as his deputy, I do like an abrasive forward as captain, some gossip it might be part of an England masterplan, poacher turned gamekeeper.
Hopefully this will have a positive influence on his game. At present I see him as a complete liability and a bigger hothead than Hartley ever was, and his international career didn't prosper.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:15 am
tigerburnie wrote:Leicester Tigers announce Ellis Genge as their new team captain, with Hanro Liebenberg as his deputy, I do like an abrasive forward as captain, some gossip it might be part of an England masterplan, poacher turned gamekeeper.
Hopefully this will have a positive influence on his game. At present I see him as a complete liability and a bigger hothead than Hartley ever was, and his international career didn't prosper.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You've not been paying attention, he was quite a different player last season, maturing into a player with a lot to offer, I would expect him to figure more for England, hence us signing another decent loosehead for when he's away. Hanro will offer plenty when he's away as a captain, with Tom Youngs and Montoya to assist.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Tigers have Scarlets visiting Welford Road after last weekends visit by the Dragons, I can't see an Irish player in the side, pretty it's been a long time since that has happened.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

tigerburnie wrote:Tigers have Scarlets visiting Welford Road after last weekends visit by the Dragons, I can't see an Irish player in the side, pretty it's been a long time since that has happened.
Sure Tiger you know everybody has an Irish granny Image

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

I don't, been doing my family tree whilst we were in lockdown, Welsh, Scottish, Viking, Danes, French, damn near everyone, but as of yet no Irish(though if I look into the Scots deep enough I daresay there's some Guinness running through someone's veins, though last time I was over I was drinking Smithwicks).
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Most irish have dane, French, Welsh, scotch, Anglo origins anyway. Raped and pillaged for a millenia or more.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?