Kids in Ravenhill

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Kids in Ravenhill

Post by Jackie Brown »

Hey all, my wee boy is showing a bit of interest in the rugby. What's the deal with tickets for kids? I was to go on the Terrace but no child tickets. He's only 4, does he even need a ticket???
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Kids in Ravenhill

Post by damianmcr »

Mines is 19 months and can't wait to bring him to it.

I'd say he needs a ticket though. You looked at the family stand?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I'd go for the family stand or the main stand if you've got the dough. I used to take my daughter to the terrace but she was too small to see well. If you can get to a barrier for him to sit on it might work. Needs a cushion perhaps.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:23 pm Hey all, my wee boy is showing a bit of interest in the rugby. What's the deal with tickets for kids? I was to go on the Terrace but no child tickets. He's only 4, does he even need a ticket???
Ticket required if he's over 2.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:41 pm
Jackie Brown wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:23 pm Hey all, my wee boy is showing a bit of interest in the rugby. What's the deal with tickets for kids? I was to go on the Terrace but no child tickets. He's only 4, does he even need a ticket???
That's a joke, he'll be sitting on my knee so not taking up a seat.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:33 am
You could prob get him through the turnstiles but the Eventsec Stormtroopers on the stands may pose more of a challenge. Bring back wooden turnstiles and wee paper cloakroom tkts!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Of course he needs a bloody ticket.
Do you think UR is a charity?
These superstars have to be paid sufficiently to support the coffee shops and night club lifestyles.
Dig deep or leave him at home.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:55 pm
You could prob get him through the turnstiles but the Eventsec Stormtroopers on the stands may pose more of a challenge. Bring back wooden turnstiles and wee paper cloakroom tkts!
Where were you back in the 'Lift us over, mister' days, Mervyn? I was at the Oval (The East Belfast one, not the Kennington one, just to avoid any confusion)
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:35 pm
big mervyn wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:55 pm
Where were you back in the 'Lift us over, mister' days, Mervyn? I was at the Oval (The East Belfast one, not the Kennington one, just to avoid any confusion)
Used to be like that back in the one man and his dog days at Ravers. Went from cloakroom tkts to printed wans validated by a yute with a magic marker to the current "high tech".

I suppose one way to get a nipper in might be to print out your season tkt then carry him thru the turnstiles using the plastic version as an extra. All hypothetical of course >EW
Big Neville Southall