Other teams support

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Columbo
Squire

Other teams support

Post by Columbo »

This is a bit of a silly season topic, but interested to see if I'm a weird outlier - after Ireland what international sides do you cheer on?

The reason I ask is that I recently said in a whatsapp group that I was cheering on England against NZ, and would also support them against either Wales or SA. Which seemed controversial...

Leaving aside tier 2 nations (I'll always support Fiji, Tonga, Samoa etc against a Tier 1 side) here is my hierarchy:

1. Ireland
2. Italy
3. France
4. Scotland
5. Argentina
6. Australia
7. England
8. South Africa
9. New Zealand
10. Wales

And in fairness I should really include Japan after this WC - they'd go in high, in fact potentially into 2...
..one more thing
WeeWorld
Initiate

Re: Other teams support

Post by WeeWorld »

Columbo wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:27 am This is a bit of a silly season topic, but interested to see if I'm a weird outlier - after Ireland what international sides do you cheer on?

The reason I ask is that I recently said in a whatsapp group that I was cheering on England against NZ, and would also support them against either Wales or SA. Which seemed controversial...

Leaving aside tier 2 nations (I'll always support Fiji, Tonga, Samoa etc against a Tier 1 side) here is my hierarchy:

1. Ireland
2. Italy
3. France
4. Scotland
5. Argentina
6. Australia
7. England
8. South Africa
9. New Zealand
10. Wales

And in fairness I should really include Japan after this WC - they'd go in high, in fact potentially into 2...
I think I'd prefer to think of it like like electrons in an atom. The electrons in the inner orbits can sometimes move from one orbit to another, dependent upon how well they're doing. Success is bad but none can reach the treacherous belt from which Scotland can Wales can never escape

1. Ireland
2. Italy (god love them), France (for a decade of ineptness)
3. Argentina (should be higher based on performances only), England (probably going to be relegated next week)
4. Australia, South Africa
8. New Zealand

99. Scotland, Wales
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

1. Ireland, kind of, detest the IRFU though
2. South Africa
3. Japan
4. Argentina
5. New Zealand
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Ireland
Argentina
Italy
Scotland
France
Wales
Australia
NZ
SA
Any ragtag assortment of con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, brad pitt-kickers, and Methodists! .(coached by Hitler and managed by the Devil incarnate)
England
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall